• Register Today It's free!

Any news on the 2017 model year?

steve04KU

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I backed out of an early trade-in of my lease a few months ago and am now planning on financing my current lease at the end of the term in early March. That is unless Ford gives me an offer on a year-end 2016 Sport that I cannot refuse.

My biggest holdup on the 16's is the fact that the 2017's are getting Sync 3....

I am wondering when Ford redesigns the Explorer? One would think it would be in a few years, as the 16 was a "mid-cycle refresh".

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone had heard of any new tweaks for 2017? colors, options, release date, etc?

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2018MY is the all new redesign.

2018MY is the all new redesign.

and I think that is the one worth waiting for. Being based on the old Volvo platform is so outdated.

I was looking for news on the 2017 on the Internet a few days ago and didn't see anything. I could not even find the Ford production schedule that I used to pull up before. I did find an article saying that the 2018 was the 7th generation leading me to believe it is a redesign as a few members have reported. Not sure what happened to the 6th gen.:dunno:

Peter

Well, looks like I'll be waiting on the 2018 then!

FYI, my wife just got the new Volvo XC90. Awesome car....

Well, looks like I'll be waiting on the 2018 then!

FYI, my wife just got the new Volvo XC90. Awesome car....

How's the build quality on the XC90? They are sweet looking but scary a bit being the first us market made in China vehicle.

How's the build quality on the XC90? They are sweet looking but scary a bit being the first us market made in China vehicle.

They are run/own by the Chinese but the engineering and building of the Volvo vehicles are still done by the Swedish.A friend owns a 2015 T6 Volvo S60 and the quality is amazing. It's so quiet inside the cabin and you don't hear a single rattle. All the panels line up and everything. The only thing I didn't like about that car is the fact that the camera is so squeezed with a panorama type view which I think sucks.

If the 2017 looks anything like the rendering floating around the Internet; the 2016 is the best looking by far.
Having never owned a Ford (a domestic as a matter of fact), the 2017 redesign isn't going to attract new "non Ford" customers.

If the 2017 looks anything like the rendering floating around the Internet; the 2016 is the best looking by far.
Having never owned a Ford (a domestic as a matter of fact), the 2017 redesign isn't going to attract new "non Ford" customers.
Pictures? Links?
I'd be very surprised if there are major changes since the 2018 is scheduled to be a complete redesign.

Peter

The new grill looks great.

I believe those are photoshopped fakes. Plus, why would ford re-design the grille for the 2016 and then do it again for the the 2017, and then do it again for the 2018? No economic sense there.

Your image looks very close to this 2011 Explorer:
ford_100317140_m.jpg

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...er-at-25-mpg-highway-20-mpg-combined-epa-says

Hey look! They brought back the raised roof rails! 2017 in question:
2017-Ford-Explorer-Sports-Release-And-Spec.jpg

I believe those are photoshopped fakes. Plus, why would ford re-design the grille for the 2016 and then do it again for the the 2017, and then do it again for the 2018? No economic sense there.
That is precisely what I was thinking after I replied with my earlier post. IF the 2018 is really to be a redesign, it wouldn't make sense to change the grille again for 2017. We should know for sure soon.

Peter

That pic is old and was somebody's idea of what the 2016 update would look like, did you see the interior shot in that article its the 2011-15 interior.

The front and rear clips aren't changing for a few more years.

Back