• Register Today It's free!

Any North East Wheelers around??

Rx4phun

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT SOHC
Hey guys! I go to school in Burlington VT and I dont know of any real offroading areas around here. Today I was at ski area (Bolton Valley) and they had Jeep Owner Appreciation day (dear lord the stupid people on the slopes today). Anyway in the lodge there was a guy who had a little table set up with some info on a jeep wheeling association. I went over and talked them time and they seemed pretty cool and dont mind nonjeeper coming along. The club us Vermont Jeep Association www.vtjeep.org I kinda want to go check them out some day but I was wondering if I could get some more nonjeepers, hopefully Xs to come along. So if you are interested and are close by hit me back. Or if anyone knows of something around me other than that please speak up. All you NJ and PA Xers are so damn far away and I never get to me up with you
Gary

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you're in CT you shouldnt be that far away from us. Post in the eXtremeXplorers forum in the trial runs section next time you're gonna be in CT. Or go to www.extremexplorers.com

in CT I'm still a good 3 hours from Paragon if not more and that is a bit much for me. Thanks though I will keep an eye out to see what XX is doing
Gary

from farmington here..nothing done to my explorer lift wise though

saving for an f250 :)

ah farmington, your nose isnt lifted more than OKnut's truck is, is it? My gf is from Avon, the blood in that area is a bit rich and stuck up for me. Not to say you are as bad as most of them just a generalization
Gary

i'm from the bangor-area in maine. i'd travel to events in new england but i have school and the X just wouldn't like the trip (see below mileage)

:eek:

i'm from Lisbon Nh and a bunch of people do a semi legal run memorial day weekend. I am interested in doing an ecx run anywhere in new england if someone set one up

id like to do something that my stock X could handle...nothing that would potentially damage anything, just have a little fun
am located in North Andover, near the NH border this summer

you guys ever get to old florida road Massachusetts? I want to take a trip up there, and run that trail with a few trucks, small group, but I need to know if it's worth the drive

Used to live in N. Andover (until last Aug) and couldn't find anything around there.

Now I live in Canton, NY. Anyone else around here?

hey guy check out my post on the VT 4x4 jamboree in the club runs section. I am trying to get some ecx members to go and set up our rigs to display and hang out......and show the damn j**p guys what a real wheeler is

Muskrat - I hear Florida Rd is closed right now.. Talk to CBoug - he's the expert on legal wheeling right now.

A lot of the beaches on cape cod are legal - you need a season permit though.

bummer, I know they held a Jeep Jamborree there last year, and from the pictures I saw, looked like it could be fun.

I found this website regarding the delay in opening the Offroad trails in Mass. http://www.state.ma.us/dem/recreate/orv.htm

They say that the trails were delayed in opening until May 22, 2003 because of saturated conditions.

About 1/2-way down the page there are phone numbers you can call to get more info.

I also found the following site from someone describing there trip on Florida Road.

Florida Road Trip

Looks to me like Rocksliders are a definite must.:eek:

Well if a group of you guys are up for it so am I. I havent done any real offroading but you gotta start somewhere and I agree with MontanaGT, rocksliders would be a pretty good idea, i've been wanting some, If we can get a trip together I will have an excuse to get some. Hope we can get something together
Gary

Hey gary, there are several roads i know of in killington/barnard/sherburne/bridgewater/stockbridge area that are closed dec. 15 thru may 15. they've just opened up and i'm looking forward to exploiting them. there are some cool roads i drove on in stockbridge, but had to turn back to get my brother back in time for something he had going later that night. my X is still stock, and my bro has an old mostly stock CJ7 that is getting repaired, but these trails look pretty easy-going so far... i recommend you get a DeLorme Vermont atlas and gazeteer if you haven't already and study it. :) they're at all the gas stations.

Back