Any of you run the Skyjacker lifts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any of you run the Skyjacker lifts

HIX

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Mazda 4.0 4x4 SuperCab
I am looking at some lifts and have been hearing great things about the Skyjacker Stage II lifts.

Any of you guys have one.

I have been leaning tward the Superlift Superrunner kit b/c it's use is so widespread. But I heard the Skyjacker is stronger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey HIX, they're both great kits, just depends on what you'll be doing with your Ranger. I had the Skyjacker Stage II on mine and I worked it extremely hard, on my Explorer also and never had the problems I've encountered and heard about with the Superlifts. My opinion? Skyjacker's done their homework a little more thuroughly and has one of the best kits, if not THE best, on the market. What year is yours? Wanna' go 4" or 6"?...Mark

I have the Skyjacker on my explorer and love it. It seems to be alot smoother and stronger than the superlift that I have on my ranger. Just my two pennies.

I have a 97

I'm torn between the 6inch and the 4inch w/ a two inch body lift. I want put a body lift on to make it so my frame hits the rocks before the rockers do. I think that the 6 inch lift plus the 2 inch body would be a little too tipsy.

What do ya'll think?

[Edited by HIX on 10-12-2000 at 03:49 PM]

Well, it'll all depend on tire size and other mods you're willing to do to clear them...write me at mark@offroadwarehouse.com and we can go over your options and you can tell me what YOU'D like to achieve...Mark

Hix...I see you say that ya got a 97...does skyjacker even make a lift for that? the only late model explorer lifts that I know of is trailmaster and that just came out...I've got a combo 4/6in class ii lift....I love every bit...If ya need to know details...just ask me..
Pete

It's a Ranger W/ the ttb front end.....The last year :eek:(

Back