Any other 1st gen owners in the uk? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any other 1st gen owners in the uk?

interior progress :D
pD5LgiT.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome progress on the brush guard! The camera box thing under the front bumper is an outdoor battery box I believe.

Check out deamon3's JP build. I think he may have used the top of a boat battery box for that camera box thing on the front bumper. There's a picture of it in the thread. BTW, that is a really nice Gen 1 you're starting with.

Thanks, yes it is, I have the right battery box cover in my parts collection. I was half and half about turning it into a jp replica as its in such good condition, but I figured I wont find another here and its better to have a rust free reliable truck to begin with, it'll be a keeper when its done.

Any progress on this? The sunny weather must have helped! :D

A fair bit yes :)
HH0jH2C.jpg

tail lamp guards look ace!
9LMPCf9.jpg

That's awesome! Any luck getting any sawblade wheels? The car place near me often gets a container of parts from the States so if you find any over there for sale they may be able to ship them over

Thanks! its lots of fun to drive around already, graphics will hopefully arrive next week and a swedish member of the jurassic park motor pool on facebook has found me sawblades in a local ad for £60, just need to ship them here which seems like it may be reasonable. then I need to make /adapt some sidesteps. I want to buy a cheap 2nd gen to use the clear rear glass and beige interior bits (headliner, carpet, side trims) ill retrim the seats like the film cars and probabl;y have to vinyl coat the doorcards. I have plans for the dash so thatll have to be painted anyway :p

My green second gen squareback has been sitting for a while if you want it cheap. It'll need trailering away sadly. It's got clear glass but a grey interior.

Love the work you did to the dash! This JP Explorer really turned out well:chug:

[MENTION=42016]stico[/MENTION] [MENTION=97]Kris Guilbeaux[/MENTION] be sure to check out the JP Explorer in this thread :D

That dash is pretty awesome. I need to get my jp finished :-(

Thanks guys :) the dash came out better than expected, I doubt Ill find another dash over here to cut up so made a compromise, Im putting the 4x4/ low switches in the centre console when I get round to extending the loom.
I airbrushed the handles, handles and the moulded monitor console to look like wood.
x9okEv4.jpg

theres some progress pics here:
http://imgur.com/a/jVte3

To be honest I might just keep the interior grey and get leather seats, it would be a lot of work to change it even with bits and pieces from a second gen and im not sure vinyl coating the remaining trim would ever look good.

Back