Any other women get grief? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Any other women get grief?

rocket 5979

Resident Gearhead
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Villa, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT 4.6
man you all are making me feel bad i havent even found a name for my truck yet.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Originally posted by Spas
That's cool, Perry :cool:

It's all about finding a happy medium, I suppose...I can sit here and discuss trucks with you lot until 3 a.m., all while listening to Phantom of the Opera-it's just a matter of taste. I was just using the nailpolish as a reference point to get my point across ;) Nothing wrong with making yourself look better: it's a fact that you feel and act more confident when you know you're lookin good.

I just feel left out all the time because the women I know are either into children/family or some incredibly petty things like gossiping...but I realize that as insignifigant as I might consider their tastes, it's their choice what to do with their lives and I have to respect it. I just don't have to like talking about it all the time!

Well maybe when you were being manufactored you just got a little extra shot of hormones which isn't all that bad of a thing.
If you ever have any trouble on the side of the road you aren't one of those people just standing there waiting for someone to come help them.
No I wasn't saying dressing up is bad, I was just saying you and Teri both have a choice of doing both.
I think it's great that Teri can get up in the morning and not have to put on makeup before going out of the house, she just goes out looking like she should natural.
If you ever get the chance you will have to try and make it to one of the Moab runs. Then you could meet a lot of the females on the board that are really cool.....

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Well maybe when you were being manufactored you just got a little extra shot of hormones which isn't all that bad of a thing.

Well, My mom was wishing like crazy that I'd turn out to be a boy... :D I remind her everytime she accuses me of being a tomboy, lol

I'd love to make it out to Truckhaven to meet you crazy West coasters...who knows, maybe with the cheap fares here lately I might be able to!

Teri

Elite Explorer <br>Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Sweetheart city Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Perry and I stopped all the questions of when are you going to have kids...when we were ingaged we let everyone know we did not want kids. After being married for almost 9 years, we changed our minds and along came Patrick when I was almost 30. I still have relatives that think he was an oops!!
I like four wheeling, looking at other trucks and I am always picking apart the paint jobs (Perry painted ours). I hate foo foo outfits!! And I would have no problems with Perry talking to you about explorers and explorer mods. I am very comfortable with our relationship, and I would feel no threat... which is what the problem with the wife you refered to.
I also drive a fork lift when needed, and the last 2 days at work I had to unload the simi with the fork lift, because they put all the pallets in sideways...

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
You are definitely the kind of lady I wish I could hang out with, Teri ;)

You're absolutely right about the wife problem, too...but it's not something I will go into depth about on this site out of respect I still have for her husband, no matter how much I'd like to ;)

I wonder how long it will be before women are not only treated as equals in every aspect , but can actually take that for granted. Not that I would, but it's a nice thought none the less.

Muskrat

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Califon, NJ USA!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger STX
Respect, now that's the funniest thing I've heard on this thread yet;):p

Muskrat

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Califon, NJ USA!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger STX
ok tunabreath:p, now I have to ask, WTF is up with the spelling of the title in this thread? Having a Parlli moment?

woodychitwn

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
All I've gotta say is that women who are into trucks have it easy. Try being gay and liking trucks. Just the fact that I exist pisses off more people than I care to acknowledge. I gave up trying to join an off-roading club, 'cause the guys were either downright hostile or would get so nervous everyone got uncomfortable.

Now, I don't mean to put down your experiences, I can see where you're coming from and I empathise. But at least we guys are willing to give you a chance. It may catch us off guard, but we get over it. And I think most of us have nothing but respect for a woman who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. And as for the reactions of other women? It's nothing but jealousy. I think almost every one of them fears breaking down and being caught helpless. You've got power, and they fear that.

Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
woodychitwn,
If you ever make it down here I'm sure our Texas group would be happy to wheel with ya. We tend to be very openminded and I personally don't mind anyone's "preferences" as long as they don't infringe on my own.

My current g/f told me I have to include her on my next few projects for Splat :D

Oh, and my truck is a HE. Dunno why, just thought with all the muscle and big tires it was a guy. Call me a sexist pig :p

Xplodor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT 4x4
Yeah, so I meet a perfect girl over the weekend at Glamis. She was beautiful, and totally interested in trucks, sand, quads, rails, wheeling. She knew how to cook and liked to try new things. She was very observant, and smart. She was nice and reserved but liked to have fun and let loose a bit. She wasn't permisqous <sp?> or slutty. She's going to school, and Loves the way I make mixed drinks. She took care of herself, and always looked well, but didn't mind getting a little dirty. She always had a beautiful smile on her face. She loved the Explorer and totally thought it was cool when I ripped off my fender flares out in the middle of Oldsmobile Hill. She was the type that was totally gorgeous <sp?>, but liked to drive with the windows down out in the dunes, not worrying about getting dusty. So what's the problem you ask? She was one of my friends, friends girlfriend. :mad:
Some people have all the luck. I mean, I'm totally happy for them, they make "good" couple. I just needed to vent. Anyone know how far we've come with our cloning technology?:D

woodychitwn

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
Thanks Alec, If I'm ever down that way I'll keep it in mind.

My truck never complains, moans or gets tempermental. It's happy to get dirty, but can clean up nicely. And it does anything I ask without hesitation. Definitely a guy.

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I gave up trying to join an off-roading club, 'cause the guys were either downright hostile or would get so nervous everyone got uncomfortable.

You're not the only one on this site with that problem, Woody. Or any site, for that matter. I have respect for independant women, but even more for guys with different preferences who have to deal with criticism and ignorance every day.

So what's the problem you ask? She was one of my friends, friends girlfriend.
:( Like they say "you're one in a million".....but doesn't that mean there's at least a 1,000 out there just like you??

Oh, and my truck is a HE. Dunno why, just thought with all the muscle and big tires it was a guy. Call me a sexist pig

Ha hah! And I thought it was just me!

Some sorry news on my behalf: Didn't make the Sheriff's Office and have 0 desire to wait another 6-12 months to try again (this after trying for a year). Anybody know of a good career for somebody who's good at a little of everything but not great at one thing in particular?

Muskrat

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Califon, NJ USA!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger STX
You're good at something?;)

woodychitwn

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
Anybody know of a good career for somebody who's good at a little of everything but not great at one thing in particular? [/B]

Go work for Consumer Reports in Yonkers, NY. Get to drive all the new cars out there and give your honest opinions. I saw a review once for a Kia something or other and they said not to buy it because any used car for the same price would be a better value. Where else do you find brutal honesty like that?

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Where else do you find brutal honesty like that?
Car and Driver is pretty brutal, but in a funny way...

Anyone who hasn't read the Article on the 2003 Viper SRT/10 (November 2002 issue) should..You'll be howling with laughter at the analogies ;)

Bashman

Elite Hornet Handler
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 Wrangler Unlimited now
Hey Spas, sorry to hear you didn't make the Sheriff's office, oh well, their loss!!!:)

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
I hate the "When are you going to have kids" question. We have been maried a little over six years now and not sure we want kids. I don't hate kids, it's just my wife likes to work and likes the kind of work she does and she does not want to give it up. She has to put in some long days and I have a 20 mile comute one way to work and usualy don't get home untill 6-6:30 because of trafic. This would not be fair to a child as we would not be able to spend the time needed witha child.
We have a cat that is like a child to us so I know how you feel.
I don't meen to be an Ann Landers, but don't get maried if you are not 100% sure your fiance is the right one. I have seen your mugshot and thought you were an atractive women. Dont let anyone tell you different.
There are days I would like to put my foot so far up my father in-law's ass that it would have to be surgicaly removed for he way he picks on my wife because of her weight.:fire:

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Originally posted by Dan Whitaker
I hate the "When are you going to have kids" question.....

AMEN!!! My wife and I hate that question too. The day we got married, my wife's aunt was saying "well, when are you going to have kids?" GRRRRR!!! When (and if) WE are ready to! We were married 8 years before we had our daughter and I can't count the # of people that said "what's the matter with you, why don't you have any kids yet??" Talk about RUDE!! What if we were really trying and just couldn't? At that time, we weren't ready for kids. Now that we have one, they say "You can't just have one, she needs a playmate!". Tell ya what, if YOU want to have another so my daughter has a playmate, go right ahead, but don't tell me how to live my life!!

Sorry for the rant, but we get that crap all the time. Where we live, they expect 2 kids before you get married and tons afterwards. I think they want to re-populate the world starting with this town :fire:

Char

Admin's Wife, Explorer Babe
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wittmann
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Callsign
KB7TKQ
Rick and I have been married for 10 yrs. and we get the question all the time. We thought (just a quick thought) about having kids, but mother nature took that option away. We then decided IF we were going to have kids we would adopt, but we came to our senses and realized it just wasn't for us. When people ask and I tell them I can't have kids they get an awful look on their face because they end up feeling bad and become apologetic, so there's one reason why people shouldn't be asking the question. You just might have to deal with feeling like a jerk when the person tells you they can't have kids. I'm almost 40 and the clock hasn't started ticking yet, so I guess I'm safe!

I think having a kid just for the sake of having one is wrong. Being a teacher, I've seen too many people who had kids because they were expected to and it usaully doesn't work.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
Originally posted by Char

I think having a kid just for the sake of having one is wrong. Being a teacher, I've seen too many people who had kids because they were expected to and it usaully doesn't work.

Yup... I see it all the time too. I was at this one school in our district the other week. It was a "Special Ed" school. Kids that have BIG BIG problems due to neglect or just having lousy parents that don't care.

Char don't you work Special Ed? SEID(sp?) kids? Crazy stuff there. Sad...