Any pix of Rancho Quick Lift Quick-Strut... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any pix of Rancho Quick Lift Quick-Strut...

John Wayne

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS V6 4wd 5spd.
... is the Rancho Quick lift worth the $, the work I can do on a lift no biggie. Have yet to see any pix of a 3rd Gen with the Quick lift only no body lift. If someone is out there that has put these on could you post a pix of it adjusted all the way up to 9? And if in stock ride height is the suspension better than stock? I would it would but asking anyways.

Thanks
Ben:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rancho quick lift hasn't had stella reviews mate and the ride at level 9 is s'posed to be horrible from what I've heard.

I've researched a lot and I could only find one or two bad reviews and the main complaint was that it rode rough and at a soft setting was about stock height again... I still like them because its going to ride rough with spacers and new struts anyways why not have adjustable struts... Idk

This is my old explorer before it got totaled, it had the quicklifts on the front. It did not ride as good as stock on any setting.

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

This is my old explorer before it got totaled, it had the quicklifts on the front. It did not ride as good as stock on any setting.

Wouldn't a spacer lift ride rougher anyways? Correct me if I'm wrong but any lift will ultimately ride rougher.......Overall would you do them again as lift or never again... I am considering buying them and I couldn't find someone on here to talk to me about how they liked it or didn't

Personally since my explorers are my DD's, no i would not. If i had them set to a setting for more lift, it felt like one of the wheels would pop off the ground when i went around a turn, and when it was set to a softer setting, it felt like the amount of body roll had multiplied. With a spacer lift, you would keep the stock strut, and the same amount of pressure on the spring aslong as you dont go to high, so i think the handling would be better. There is always going to be a higher center of gravity though, so i dunno...

Would i buy them again? no.

Edit: if i had them all around, it might of been a different story, because they would of all felt the same, but i dont know.

Thanks for the pix and feedback... I have tried cheap coil spacers with rough results so I took them out. New struts should better than ones with 70K on them. I rolled the dice since they now come with the coil, before you had to re-use your stock one. That is probably were allot of the shabby results came from... re-using your stock coils IMO. So I rolled the dice and bought all 4 the rear are left and right specific. I did save $80, the were $20 off each and no shipping if I pu at the store which is 5 miles away. With using and installing body lifts, leveling spacers, and various coil I've had more bad than good results. Body lifts are the worst, sure you can run a bigger tire but it is time consuming, muffler fixed, body trimming and still no lift. I want something that I can bolt on and go... no trimming, no special brackets ETC. Guess this is a sign of getting old. Will post feedback after install, some highway miles and offroad results. Oops and pix

Thanks for the feedback all

JW when you get those quicklifts could you post a pic of the strut assemblies themselves side by side to compare? It was my understanding that the quicklifts were basically similar to the stock strut assemblies but they have a coil spring spacer and a tunable shock...the settings on them don't adjust the height. It would be good to clear this up and get your review of how they ride.

Thanks! :salute:

Quicklifts Hi HO Rancho

Well after a lot of reading and research have decideed to go with the Loaded quicklift Ranchos on all four corners.Needed to get new shocks for the front and over here in oz the price was way over the top.$260 for one shock .Know way i was going too pay that much.Even for the Ranchos over here was $1350 a pair.So thanks to Rock auto i got the rears for $197 each and postage to Australia was only $145 so the rears all up delivered $550 unreal. I had to order the fronts from somewhere else and they are $179 each plus $220 delivery, so all up a ggood deal compared to here.Will post pics and thoughts after install . The rears arrived tonight so still waiting for fronts but will get onto the rears asap.Have a 2 inch body lift which i did not long ago.Will post pics when get a chance of the build so far .

.Have a 2 inch body lift which i did not long ago.Will post pics when get a chance of the build so far .

any problems with that extra 1/2" on the body lift?

any problems with that extra 1/2" on the body lift?

No problems so far with the 2 inch lift. No body roll with the alloy blocks i used , i havnt really tested it out in extreme 4wd but so far so good.

No problems so far with the 2 inch lift. No body roll with the alloy blocks i used , i havnt really tested it out in extreme 4wd but so far so good.

I think he meant since the inch and a half doesn't require bumper modifications or anything else

Updates?

John/Blue, any updates?

Back