Any production delays or hold ups? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any production delays or hold ups?

Fordgrl99

Reaction score
City, State
Unionville Center, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Anyone know if Ford's having any delays or hold ups in production of the 2013 XLTs? Placed my order 4/5/2013. Finally assigned a VIN# on 4/15. Dealer told me 4-6 weeks for delivery. Crystal gave me an update this morning, still no ETA but she thought maybe it will come off the line late May timeframe?? Wow...that would be closer to 8-9 weeks for delivery...

Just wondering what anyone else may have heard...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My order was placed at the end of March with no real time frame quoted by my dealer. Through updates on here I was give an eta around 5/25, but could easily go longer. so that is 8+ weeks...

How crazy is this? My dealer also told me their last order took 5 weeks...but didn't tell me how long ago that was.

Hopefully I can still take delivery in 60 days...so I don't have to reapply for my loan...what a hassle! :)

Anyone know if Ford's having any delays or hold ups in production of the 2013 XLTs? Placed my order 4/5/2013. Finally assigned a VIN# on 4/15. Dealer told me 4-6 weeks for delivery. Crystal gave me an update this morning, still no ETA but she thought maybe it will come off the line late May timeframe?? Wow...that would be closer to 8-9 weeks for delivery...

Just wondering what anyone else may have heard...

If you recieved a vin then it's been scheduled too, happens at the same time. She didn't give you the build week?

Hey folks!

On average, orders take approximately 6-8 weeks from the time the order was placed until they are delivered at your dealership. I am not aware of any production delays at the moment; the best way to know when your vehicle is scheduled to arrive is to reach out to your sales rep (or me!) for updates.

Thanks!

Crystal

Hey folks!

On average, orders take approximately 6-8 weeks from the time the order was placed until they are delivered at your dealership. I am not aware of any production delays at the moment; the best way to know when your vehicle is scheduled to arrive is to reach out to your sales rep (or me!) for updates.

Thanks!

Crystal

Really? you could do that for me?

I have never dealt with the dealership where I placed my order a bit more than a week ago... they said that it was 'on the way' (They did not have to place a new order they gave me the window sticker while I was there to review) but are being a little evasive as to how long it is going to take. I have a VIN can I give it to you to check please?

PM sent.

..and sorry.. I didnt mean to hijack this thread. Just jumping on the chance to possibly find out order status!

Hey folks!

Thanks!

Crystal

Hey, Crystal! Maybe I misunderstood your last pm to me....it sounded like you were able to find the order but you said no ETA yet and would probably come off the line late May....I thought that meant no build date yet? Even though the VIN has been assigned....

Really? you could do that for me?...

Sure thing, spr! Check out your inbox for my message. :)

Hey, Crystal! Maybe I misunderstood your last pm to me....it sounded like you were able to find the order but you said no ETA yet and would probably come off the line late May....I thought that meant no build date yet? Even though the VIN has been assigned....

Hey Fordgrl99!

ETAs refer to your vehicle's estimated arrival at your dealership; the build date is different - late May is an estimate for when your vehicle will complete its build. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Crystal

I ordered a Limited on 3/26. Just got the window sticker on 4/26. It is in production this week. My ETA is 5/19 which is a Sunday so I am assuming that date will be pushed back.

I ordered a Sport on 4/9 and ETA on delivery is 6/17. So about 10 weeks.

LOL. So it sounds like my dealer just didn't give me a realistic delivery timeframe...

Back