Any Tuner that Works with my 5.0L

N1ck Xploder

Reaction score
City, State
Arvada, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Ford Explorer XLT V8
Hey guys,
So I'm desperate trying to find a good tuner that can overall just get my speedo corrected for tire size and gears. I just tried the superchips 1715 max micro, and while it can tune it, no option for tire size correction. The tuning part would be a good add-on. I was looking at the SCT X4 7015 and have any of you guys used it? I wanna make sure it will correct my speedo at the very least. Any other tuners that you guys have tried and had success with would be good additions too. Thanks

01 Explorer 5.0L
Dana 30 SAS/SOA w/ Chevy 63s, Rancho Rs7000 14" travel, RE 5.5 Coils, 35" BFG KM3
BW4406
A bunch of other stuff...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.

I also forgot to mention that I'm running 4.56 Motives

Forscan gives you tire sizes, a pick list. The max size is 265/75 -15 658 revs/mile. I think they/Forscan only calculated what would fit stock X's.

Wait - the tire size feature works on our older trucks? For some reason I thought that was confined to much newer Ford vehicles.

I am not sure about 1999, 2000 and 2001 can be adjusted with Forscan.

1998 was a transition year for Ford. Going forward Forscan allows for the change. 99, 00 and 01. I could not tune for tire size with the Tweecer tuner.

Back