Any1 see the program on 4x4s on TLC? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any1 see the program on 4x4s on TLC?

Forder

Reaction score
City, State
West Point, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, '05 Altima 3.5
I just saw an awesome documentary on 4wd vehicles on TLC last night. It told about almost any kind of 4wd ever invented. Ranging from ATV to the moon rover, to the highly modified Toyota Land Cruisers that crossed Iceland and the 4wd Baja trucks raced in Arizona and Mexico and such. It also showed the modified dune buggies modified for major hill climbing and those things are raw sweetness. It showed a couple of them crossing small ponds and bays and it seemed almost impossible to believe that a 3500-4000 lbs vehicle can just glide over water like that. Was hopein to see an Ex on there but didn't think I would and I didn't. Some of you Elites should go to Iceland and show those Toyoters up, lol. It was pretty awesome to see them take on the Arctic tundra up there though. They had these big extensions hanging from the front to keep them from falling in the crevices that they crossed. Anyway, the show basically proved that we couldn't do a lot of things without the technology and effectivness of 4wd. It was very entertaining and informative in my opinion. I caught it on at like 2 AM and and was an hour long. So if you got TLC and have a TV guide handy, I suggest you watch it if your interested in these kinds of vehicles at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That show comes on every so often.... I've seen it a good few times already

Yeah its a pretty good show.

I lived in Iceland for 6 years, thoes Yota's are bad. Most equipped with 44's they can cross some insane stuff.

Yeah, I saw that a while ago. Pretty good program eh!

Can one buy the video anywhere, like maybe from Discovery channel?

Bob

Back