Anybody found a decent dash cover/mat? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody found a decent dash cover/mat?

edwx

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
I really like my new 2020 XLT, but not thrilled with the dash material. Looks cheaper than the gen 5 dash. Can anybody recommend a good dash cover? All the ones I see online or on ebay that say they fit, don't even show a correct photo of the XLT dash. Thanks, Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really like my new 2020 XLT, but not thrilled with the dash material. Looks cheaper than the gen 5 dash. Can anybody recommend a good dash cover? All the ones I see online or on ebay that say they fit, don't even show a correct photo of the XLT dash. Thanks, Ed

This one fits perfectly

I wasn’t aware these were still a thing. Last time I saw one was in the 90s when the dashboards were still sun cracking.

I wasn’t aware these were still a thing. Last time I saw one was in the 90s when the dashboards were still sun cracking.
I need that along with the club!

1589493634669.png

Has anyone ordered one? How do you like it? I hate the material Ford uses on these dashboards! They mark easily and are very difficult to clean.

I just use a Sunscreen when parked in the AZ if i can't under some shade/garage.

I just use a Sunscreen when parked in the AZ if i can't under some shade/garage.
I’m considering one not to protect the dash, but to keep from seeing the marks that are practically impossible to remove from the dash material.

Back