Anybody have wiring diagrams for 4th gen power/heated seats? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody have wiring diagrams for 4th gen power/heated seats?

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Picked up some black leather power seats for my 06.

Figured the drivers would be plug and play, since my cloth driver seat was power. Nope. There seems to be a second plug in the leather heated seat that I don't have, and the passenger seat has 3 large wires my manual seat plug doesn't have.
Would love to see what's what, what wires I need to run power to both seats, and eventually down the road love to figure out the heated part.

There's a big module under the drivers leather seat, is that the heating control or would that be a memory seat module?

Thanks in advance!

PS- mine is a 2006, and the wires that both harnesses have, were identical to the 08 seats, but I'm missing a few so I think the 4th gen should be the same across the board, or at least 06-08.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you so much! You are a life saver. Ive been out there for over an hour trying to eyeball wires to trace them with no luck.

Passenger seat just needs the power and ground wired up. Third wire I will assume for now is the heated seat, which ill tuck away for now. Drivers side looks a bit more complicated, but ill figure it out. Thanks again!

Just ran back out and used some spare speaker wire I had to jump straight to the battery, the passenger works great! Too cold out there now to run new wire, so ill have to do that tomorrow.

Drivers seat is confusing though, as there are two connectors. The connector my Explorer has coming up has all but one smaller gauge wire, so I would have assumed the power seat should've worked, but no go.

Will post back when I figure it out though.

Ok, back at it again, and im stumped on the drivers seat.

There is a large module mounted under the seat with (IIRC) 4 or 5 connectors to it, and one empty spot. Is this a heated seat controller, or is it something with the memory seat? I dont know if this was a memory seat or not, as the tag on the passenger doesnt say. There is no tag on the drivers as far as I can tell.

I am assuming it IS memory though, because the driver is 10 way, heated, and was out of a Limited or EB. Also because I am not getting power functions with just the regular connector my XLT has coming through the floor. There is one wire missing from my harness that the leather seat has, its a yellow one with a blue or green stripe. It is however a thin wire, so its not the power for the seat.

There is also another connector which I do not have a plug for, and I am comfortable splicing and soldering, so im not worried about tracking one down. It has a couple larger gauge wires IIRC. I assume this is tied in with the memory function, and needs power.

I am going to post some of the diagrams and ask if anyone can help out at all, because im at a loss here. These are fairly confusing to me, I was hoping there would be a layout of the actual wire harness plugs, like what each pin/wire is, but I was not able to find that.

Driver 10 Way Power Seat Circuit Diagram:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%2010.53.34%20AM_zpstnz4xl5d.png

Memory Seat Diagram:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%2010.49.28%20AM_zps5ftasapi.png

Heated Seats Diagram:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%2010.54.00%20AM_zpsoqfdcm2n.png

Do you have a cleaner copy of that memory seat diagram that you could email me?

What did you have to do to trick the memory box to work. Im trying to install some 2008 Mountaineer 10-way power seats in my wifes 2010 Exploder.

Ok, back at it again, and im stumped on the drivers seat.

There is a large module mounted under the seat with (IIRC) 4 or 5 connectors to it, and one empty spot. Is this a heated seat controller, or is it something with the memory seat? I dont know if this was a memory seat or not, as the tag on the passenger doesnt say. There is no tag on the drivers as far as I can tell.

I am assuming it IS memory though, because the driver is 10 way, heated, and was out of a Limited or EB. Also because I am not getting power functions with just the regular connector my XLT has coming through the floor. There is one wire missing from my harness that the leather seat has, its a yellow one with a blue or green stripe. It is however a thin wire, so its not the power for the seat.

There is also another connector which I do not have a plug for, and I am comfortable splicing and soldering, so im not worried about tracking one down. It has a couple larger gauge wires IIRC. I assume this is tied in with the memory function, and needs power.

I am going to post some of the diagrams and ask if anyone can help out at all, because im at a loss here. These are fairly confusing to me, I was hoping there would be a layout of the actual wire harness plugs, like what each pin/wire is, but I was not able to find that.

Driver 10 Way Power Seat Circuit Diagram:
Shot%202016-03-26%20at%2010.53.34%20AM_zpstnz4xl5d.png

Memory Seat Diagram:
Shot%202016-03-26%20at%2010.49.28%20AM_zps5ftasapi.png

Heated Seats Diagram:
Shot%202016-03-26%20at%2010.54.00%20AM_zpsoqfdcm2n.png
BrainDye, do you still have a copy of these diagrams that you could send me? Working on putting these same seats into my Ranger. Thanks!

Back