Anybody know how to take the Gauge cluster apart? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody know how to take the Gauge cluster apart?

hazydream999

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
I have some sort of spots on the "glass" for my clusters from the previous owner, I would like to pop it out and clean it, but I need to know how to take it apart. I don't see any screws or anything for that part of the dash. Please help!!! its very annoying!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you do a search, there's a few thread on removing the dash, which would then let you remove the cluster. good luck.

I also have a few scratches on the clear cluster cover from the previous owner on my 07 EB. I would like to replace the clear cover if possible. Anyone have any ideas where to get one and how the cluster comes out?

I just read your post and i think underneath the sterring wheel their should be some screws. umm in order to get to the cluster you have to take the whole dash out. its a long process. i might be wrong but that is what i had to do with my 98 s-10. umm i will talk to my buddy and he would probebly know for sure so i will get back to you if would like me to.

Factory Offset

Does anyone happen to kno what the factory offset is for a ford explorer?

Back