Anybody Live in the Miami-Dade area in Florida?? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Anybody Live in the Miami-Dade area in Florida??

leetz

2wd All-Star
Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Florida (School) Va.Beach, VA (Home) Beaufort, N.C. (Home)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Sport
I think I might be going to school at miami-dade college, homestead campus. I was wondering if anyone lived in the area around the school or knew anything about it. Thanks alot trying to find out some information about the area!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
I live in Boca Raton. That's southern Palm Beach county. Just a few minutes drive to Miami-Dade. Don't know anything about the schools. Never went to schools in FL. I'm from NYC. Sorry. But the weather is sure nice. Except the summer can be REALLY HOT!

rwmorrisonjr

Reaction score
City, State
Aurora, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1984 BII XLT
Homestead's in the southern part of Dade County next to Florida City, gateway to the Keys and at the end of the Turnpike. Lots of farming down there, former Air Force Base (downgraded to ARB since Hurricane Andrew), also a growing suburban area. About 30 min to Miami & Coconut Grove, 45 minutes to Key Largo. A good south central location for South Florida and things to do.

I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and worked in Dade County for four years in the late '90's. I'm sure its grown since I left the area but I'm not sure by how much. I hope this helps.

Espresso

Reaction score
City, State
Port Charlotte, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
My wife lived there. We also have friends there & go quite often. What info do you need exactly?

etc

Dead Inside
Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 2WD
The homestead area is in the growing phase right now, it's pretty calm down there. Just did a couple jobs down there, very very chill place.

leetz

2wd All-Star
Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Florida (School) Va.Beach, VA (Home) Beaufort, N.C. (Home)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Sport
Thanks alot guys just seeing what people's feedback was on the city. I might need more specifics once I'm about to move down there about cool things to do or check out. Probably also looking for a good place to find an apartment. Thanks again for your replies!