Anybody play with Arduino / CAN-BUS? Looking for the front camera trigger | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody play with Arduino / CAN-BUS? Looking for the front camera trigger

Subscribing...

Would be cool to add a front camera to my new Ranger.

Still holding out hope there's someone here that's played with Can-bus. Most of my project is complete and I've been working on figuring out video-in-motion, but still being held back because I have no way of knowing what message triggers the video display while pulling forward slowly. Flexes don't have an IPMB to work with.

Doing another canbus project on my wife's 2010 Milan -- the OEM remote start doesn't do anything with climate control, so I'm setting it up to turn on heated seats / rear defrost / front defrost at full temp and fan... then switch back to previous climate settings when you get in.

Back from vacation, some new goodies arrived. My newest goal here is a Sync 3 Lockpick allowing video in motion.
The theory is sound -- two CAN modules, one on the vehicle and one on the APIM. When you want video-in-motion, it intercepts all the "at speed" messages to the APIM and replaces them with "driving slowly in reverse" messages. With enough wiring, theoretically allows you to activate side-mounted cameras using the turn signal.

There's aftermarket products that exist to do this already, but I want to figure it out on my own for much cheaper -- $30 APIM extension, $10 relay, $20 controllers... vs $350 for the Rostras modules.

Trying to gauge other peoples' interest in such a thing. Not limited to Sync3, I was able to trigger the camera on my 2010 (Sync 1) so with the right codes, Sync 2 would also work

I am very much interested in this. Doing a lot of digging into premade systems and everyone has bad rep. Would like to have a system for sync 2 to do this on my 14 explorer. Being able to access the rear camera or front camera regardless of speed would be a big plus. Also looking to have side mirror abilities with activated with the turn signal lever. idk how much of this is feasible

Back