anybody received 2016 xlt and didnot buy the foot activated power liftgate option? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anybody received 2016 xlt and didnot buy the foot activated power liftgate option?

Reaction score
City, State
Markham, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer xlt 202 4wd
anybody received 2016 xlt and didnot buy the foot activated power liftgate option?

Just want to check, do you have the liftgate button on your smart key? My friend picked his 2016 explorer xlt in 2015Q4 and has the key as the blow link , I just pickup my 2016 explorer xlt this month, but my key missed the middle button- the liftgate button. We both ordered xlt without the foot activated power liftgate option.

It's wired for the same model and same year car comes with diffident smart key just because the time of production

http://fkmedia.transponderislan.net...0fd9cf23a3feaf2edad1280742/t/i/tik-for-52.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Power hatch is different from the foot activated power hatch. Both are options not standard, I have a 16 XLT and I don't have any of the power hatch options but I do have the button on my remote. Maybe people complained about there power hatch not working since the button is still on the fob and they decided to make a differente fob without the power rear tail gate button.

Mine has foot action + button near dash AND on liftgate + button on remote .. :)

Power hatch is different from the foot activated power hatch. Both are options not standard, I have a 16 XLT and I don't have any of the power hatch options but I do have the button on my remote. Maybe people complained about there power hatch not working since the button is still on the fob and they decided to make a differente fob without the power rear tail gate button.
The power liftgate and foot activated liftgate are one in the same package called Hands-free Liftgate and it is Standard equipment on the Limited and Platinum models. The following is from the 2016 Order Guide;

— Hands-free Liftgate available on XLT and Sport, standard
on Limited and Platinum

Peter

Yeah, that's what I think too. I just want to see if anybody get the same remote control as me. As my friend get xlt nov 2015. And his remote control has the liftgate button on it. I like that version remote control more , even you can not open the liftgate using that button , but it can unlock the liftgate without unlock the 4 doors. I just want to see if anybody get the same remote control as me. If no, I will ask ford to send me the 5 button version remote control

Mine has foot action + button near dash AND on liftgate + button on remote .. :)
Yeah, with the foot activated option, I think the remote control will be the 5 button version, anybody recently pickup xlt without foot activated option? What's the remote control look like?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ..... got the wrong end of the stick ... as usual !!!

*slaps myself upside the head* ... :)

Yeah, that's what I think too. I just want to see if anybody get the same remote control as me. As my friend get xlt nov 2015. And his remote control has the liftgate button on it. I like that version remote control more , even you can not open the liftgate using that button , but it can unlock the liftgate without unlock the 4 doors. I just want to see if anybody get the same remote control as me. If no, I will ask ford to send me the 5 button version remote control
You shouldn't have to unlock all doors in order to open the liftgate manually. With the 4 doors locked you should be able to just press the button on the liftgate to open it as long as you have the IA remote on you. I've done it many times. The only difference is that I have the power liftgate. The only advantage you have with having the button on the remote is that you can unlock it from a distance, but you still have to manually open the 'gate'.

Peter

Not true, you can unlock the liftgate from distance and without unlock the 4 doors, the purpose for this post is to see if I get the correct remote control. Obviously I want the 5 button remote , even the liftgate button has no function but for sure 5 button has better looking , and that button do have some function like the scenario that you unlock the liftgate for somebody who arrive the car early than you and not unlock the doors.

Anyway the purpose for this post is to know if ford changed the design of the remote control for xlt without power liftgate, if so, ford should update the Manual too. Because in the manual the remote control has 5 buttons. I donot like my 4 buttons keys, that's the point . Donot want to discuss the function, I just want to see if anybody picked the xlt without foot activated power liftgate, and you get 5 button remote or 4 buttons? As I said , if you changed the remote control ford should update the manual too , elsewise it is an issue or say misleading. And it's so weird that the remote control was changed for the same year same model car. Just the production date is different

Not true, you can unlock the liftgate from distance and without unlock the 4 doors, the purpose for this post is to see if I get the correct remote control. Obviously I want the 5 button remote , even the liftgate button has no function but for sure 5 button has better looking , and that button do have some function like the scenario that you unlock the liftgate for somebody who arrive the car early than you and not unlock the doors.

Anyway the purpose for this post is to know if ford changed the design of the remote control for xlt without power liftgate, if so, ford should update the Manual too. Because in the manual the remote control has 5 buttons. I donot like my 4 buttons keys, that's the point . Donot want to discuss the function, I just want to see if anybody picked the xlt without foot activated power liftgate, and you get 5 button remote or 4 buttons? As I said , if you changed the remote control ford should update the manual too , elsewise it is an issue or say misleading. And it's so weird that the remote control was changed for the same year same model car. Just the production date is different
I'm not sure which part is untrue. I mentioned the only advantage in having the unlock for the liftgate on the remote is that you can unlock it from a distance but still have to manually open it. Ford did not change the remotes since the remotes you and your friend have are both shown in the manual. Like I mentioned in my PM, I think your friend has the wrong remote and you have the right one since neither of you have a power liftgate. Are you saying that you can not open the liftgate manually with the 4 doors locked just by pressing the liftgate button and with the IA keyfob on you?
If you get the 5 button remote from Ford you still have to get it programed to your Explorer.

Peter

yes I still need to open it manually, it can only unlock,

But my remote is not in the manual, in the manual page 49, the intelligent access key is the 5 button. And another one is the one that has the real key on it with 3 button. In the manual there are only these two, there is no intenllgent access key that only has 4 buttons on it. If mine is shown in the manual, I donot need to ask here

To program is easy, there is tutorial video on YouTube

yes I still need to open it manually, it can only unlock,

But my remote is not in the manual, in the manual page 49, the intelligent access key is the 5 button. And another one is the one that has the real key on it with 3 button. In the manual there are only these two, there is no intenllgent access key that only has 4 buttons on it. If mine is shown in the manual, I donot need to ask here

To program is easy, there is tutorial video on YouTube
Okay, I understand. It was the remote with the real key that was confusing me.

Peter

Best thing to do is ask you sales person and see if they can exchange them for you.
In reality it's a fully functioning keyfob and they do not have to replace it as pictures in the manual is for reference only and does not necessarily represent the actual part.

Or, buy the keyfob shell from eBay and swap the internals yourself (very easy).

ok, I contacted ford customer service but was told that they donot know , that's weird, and there is no other department I can contact in ford, I can only found ford service telephone number online.

can I put this option on my base 2016 explorer. it would be a helpful feature

Back