Anyone curious to see how a Gibson Cat-Back sounds like with the 5.0? Click this! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone curious to see how a Gibson Cat-Back sounds like with the 5.0? Click this!

XxDeCiccoxX

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
"00 Eddie Bauer
I just put on my Gibson Cat-Back a few days ago, so it only has about 50-100 miles on it, so its not broken in yet. It sounds really mean when i hit the gas, very deep and throaty. I personally think it sounds better than the flowmasters because it still has that distinct 5.0 explorer sound if you know what I mean lol. It just adds to it, I love it. (Flowmasters are too loud for me, even the 50 and 70 series, i don't like them at all.)
The video makes it sound a little bit weird, but in real life, it sounds deep, throaty and amazing. Btw, i have a MAC intake, only other mod to the engine.

How much louder is it than stock at cruising speeds?

When your accelerating its way louder than stock but once it shifts into 4th (od) it gets quiet. Like on the highway going 65 the drone isnt that noticeable but once you go above 70 it gets a little more noticeable.

Back