Anyone else had to have the external rear hatch button replaced? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone else had to have the external rear hatch button replaced?

Dr Plastic

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Limited FWD
Outside switch on the power rear hatch bit the dust today...

Yes It is enabled in the settings menu. I disabled and re-enabled but still no-go. It works with the dash switch, inside hatch and fob just not the outside switch under the handle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes It is enabled in the settings menu. I disabled and re-enabled but still no-go. It works with the dash switch, inside hatch and fob just not the outside switch under the handle
I think you are the first to report this issue. Hard to tell what the exact problem may be. Could be as simple as a bad contact to as bad as needing a new switch. I guess only your dealer can find out for sure.
Good luck.

Peter

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Well don't I feel stupid

The problem I had was that I was trying to open the hatch when all the other doors other than the drivers door were locked. when I unlocked the rest of the doors it started working again!

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Well don't I feel stupid

The problem I had was that I was trying to open the hatch when all the other doors other than the drivers door were locked. when I unlocked the rest of the doors it started working again!
Thanks for sharing although you really didn't have to in this case. :biggthump
On the Limited, it still would have opened as long as you had the fob on you.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.:thumbsup:

Peter

Mine still opens the hatch but requires more push of the switch than it use to.

Back