Anyone else have problems with the Message center? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone else have problems with the Message center?

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Well ive filled up from "E" twice now, but ive topped off a couple nights, and when I fill from "E" everything on the message center is okay, registers as a "full tank" etc. But Ive noticed when ive topped off (Both being around 18-19 gallons left, the computer doesnt recognize that, the gauge goes back up to "F" but the computer will stay at that same ammount, and still go down from that ammount.

(Lets say it says 19 gals left, but theres really 21 since its full) It doesnt even just stay at 19 until im down to 19, it will go down as if I never filled up, when I get down to 20, it will goto 18, etc.

I thought once was maybe because I left the key in the ACC position but tonight it was off, and it was still showing the 19 from last night when i topped off, (Well it was down to "17" when I only pumped 2 gallons for it to be full) and it stayed at 17, then after a few heavy accellerations, it went up to 19 and stayed there....

Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to reset it somehow? I read the whole section in the owners manual online and it never said anything like this.

off the top of my head, does it fix it self after an hr?

i think your triggering anti slosh when you fill up too close to full.

Well ive only driven for like 30 minutes or so when I top off, but even still the next day or two it hasnt fixed itself.

Back