Anyone ever have this problem? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Anyone ever have this problem?

BLOODBANE

Reaction score
City, State
Canon City, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Not sure where this goes but here goes. I have a 94 X with the 4.0. I have cleaned the MAF, changed the plugs, air filter, TPS and IAC. I don't have a loping idle anymore, but it would only idle at around 400-500rpm(I raised the idle manually). My EZ-READ 2000 found KOER codes 412(cannot control RPM during KOER high RPM check),and 411(cannot control RPM during KOER low RPM check). I was getting a MAF and TPS codes before I changed/cleaned them. What should I look at next.
P.S. No obvious vacuum leaks,loose wires, ETC.......

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

bikeboarder

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer, 92 XLT
is the IAC getting voltage?

<

BLOODBANE

Reaction score
City, State
Canon City, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Yes its getting 12.05 volts to the IAC.

<

bikeboarder

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer, 92 XLT
if it is getting voltage and it still cant control the RPM i woud clean the IAC passages and the IAC itself then if that doesent help replace the IAC.

<

Mud Bug 94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomingdale, N J
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT-367k miles
yep.

<

BLOODBANE

Reaction score
City, State
Canon City, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
I replaced the IAC (new) when I changed the TPS. I tried another MAF today, just to make sure it wasn't the problem and checked all the wires at the coil box, problem still persists. I think I will just take it to the FORD dealership(I've had fairly good luck with the one here in town) and have them take a look at it. Thanks for the suggestions though....

<