anyone ever see an X modded to fit a motorcycle in the rear? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone ever see an X modded to fit a motorcycle in the rear?

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
I was thinking about this the other day. I am going to be driving down to Florida again this spring break to visit my parents and I would love to take my new R1 with me.... this means I would have to drive the pickup down.
I really want to take my X so I have to decide....

X or the pickup and the bike.

But anyways... I was thinking... it would be pretty cool to ditch the spare tire and cut a strip out of the back of an X and weld in a drop channel floor which would allow a sport bike to roll right up inside an X..... I think that would be insane and a pretty cool idea for car shows. Pull in with a done up X and pop the rear hatch to "show your stereo or something...." but instead roll a bike out.

any thoughts on this?? Dumb idea? good idea? interesting idea? lol
Has anyone ever seen this done?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i like the idea but probibly not enough foom for the axel. But that would be cool then for where the front tire goes put 2 buckets in the rear so theres room in the middle. It could be dont but ALOT of owrk would be involved.

reminds me of the Monster Garage where they made a Tundra with a lift away door and a platform for a motorcycle to ride out of... ever see that one? the Terminator Tundra I believe it was...
--Bryan

yup saw it. Kinda disapointing how all that BRAND NEW STUFF gets ripped out and thrown away!!!!

No- never saw that monster garage one.

This was just something I thought up quick and never thought about the rear axle. I dont think that would be a really big issue though. you could have a removable area that is raised to allow room for the axle when the truck is moving... but remove the small piece to roll the bike out..... I think the hardest part would be keeping the back seats... unless you went with 2 seperate buckets with an openning in between.

like I said though it was just a quick day dream I was having. Would be sweet as hell and doable but will never be done by me- lol

Back