Anyone found a usable off the shelf 3" tailpipe? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone found a usable off the shelf 3" tailpipe?

PowerFiend

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer
Has anyone had any luck finding a pre-bent stainless 3" tailpipe to work on the 5.0 monty/x's? The Magnaflow I used on my F150 doesn't look like it will work due the the mounty's shock and swaybar fitment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought a magnaflow muffler for mine, 2.5" inlet dual, 3" out single. I actually just went to get a quote on how much it'd cost and the guy said that it was impossible to run 3" out... Obviously doesn't know what he's talking about because he also said that the inlet size is 2"...even though i measured 2.25"...

Anyone with powerflends info please reply!

I had a MAC exhaust pipe behind dual mufflers ( one behind the other) on the Turdle. it fit great, however it stuck out a tad so I cut it off at an angle. I think my dual stacked mufflers moved it back , so yeah I hacked it off.

hitchinstalled.jpg

tailpipecut.jpg

Totally forgot that MAC's catback exhaust was 3" out. Can I have a photo of how it's ran underneath Turdle? Thanks for the response.

Totally forgot that MAC's catback exhaust was 3" out. Can I have a photo of how it's ran underneath Turdle? Thanks for the response.

I do not have that. Sorry. The exhaust shop guys were impressed , said they could not have bent it that well, if it helps.

Alright, thank you.

Sorry for hijacking your post powerfiend =p

Back