Anyone get the ABS light off on a 01 ST v8 swap? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone get the ABS light off on a 01 ST v8 swap?

njbronco

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1974 Ford Bronco Sport
I've been driving my v8 swapped 01 trac for about a year now. Fun truck. But the ABS light is still on and drives me nuts. I have the g sensor wired in as per what someone told me a year ago, but i still get the code that it can't find the sensor. Hoping someone has finally figured it out.

I had zero issues passing NJ inspection as well. I used my vmII programer and set the 99 explorers PCM to show up as a 2001 Sport Trac with my sport tracs VIN and I had zero questions from the the inspection people. Was even able to use that programer to get multiple keys programmed that I had lowes cut.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, what's a vmII programer? Link?

What is your ABS code?

The ABS code says it can't see that gsensor. I have it mounted behind the battery and the 3-4 wires ran as per someone last year. I can't find the thread now to verify what is spliced where. but I feel like its that simple. The sensor may even be bad, im not sure how to test it.

We need to check the wiring
Did your sensor come from the drivetrain donor?
Do you have the information you used to wire this up?

it was over a year ago so I'm trying to search. I only really remember that it was about four wires. I can't seem to really find anyone or anything saying that they got the ABS to work. Sensor is from the donor. ABS module itself is from the donor. Speedo and all that works perfect. and the only error i get is c1102. I'm going to call some other junkyards to see if I can't get another module as i don't want to spend a couple hundered on a new one just to try it.

I just ordered another F37A-2C341-AD off ebay. $35 shipped. start there and see how that goes. There are only three wires. Do we have any electronic gurus that can tell me where those three wires go and i can make sure I have them in the right locations?

99 explorer abs wiring diagram let me see what I can do I have 2000 book downstairs should be similar

Here is your old post:
5.0 swap complete. ABS code c1102 and GEM errors

found the wiring i followed for the g-sensors three wires...
orange/black wire splices into the ABS module pin 14, which is black/orange
yellow wire connects to pin 13 which is a black/white This wire no longer pins into the harness.
The orange/white goes to pin 1, there is no pin in this location so i pulled one from the donor.
Pin 19 on the ABS module, gets spliced into pin 32 on the grey firewall connector

Sad nobody ever responded....maybe we can sort this out now

c1102 says acceleration switch failure

Okay details of your swap:
Is your sport trac 2wd, awd or 4wd?
Was the donor a 2wd or awd

found this

2010-03-10_134821_A1.jpg

2010-03-10_134840_A2.jpg

2010-03-10_134857_A3.jpg

2010-03-10_134912_A4.jpg

from here:
1999 Ford explorer xlt: Put rear brakes..week later abs light was on…

sorry the site hasn't been working for me for a while now. I seem to run into that a lot with this forum. My new swtich came today so when I get home I will have to try that test on both.

My trac is 4wd, the donor explorer was AWD. I have a transfer case from a 2004 f150 in it and I don't remember what the drive shaft is but I remember having to get conversion ujoints for it. 4wd works great, i just can't shift on the fly since i don't have that magnet thing to spin it up. But it works great, Also have a posi rear in it from the donor.

So both switches i have seem to be good. about to start the pin tests on the ECU. Can I assume that the three pins are hooked to those lines as in I should splice them to those lines if they are not already.

So I dove more into my wiring.
I have pin 3 on the sensor orange/white going to Pin1 on the ABS plug, there was no pin here so I stole one from the donor

Pin 2 sensor yellow going to what was Pin13 on the ABS plug Black/white wire. This pin no longer goes into the abs plug

Pin 1 sensor Orange/Black is spliced into pin14 on the ABS plug Brwn/orange. this is just tapped in, not cut or removed.

Then I have pin19 from the ABS plug going to pin32 on the firewall connector

Under the ABS is a smaller plug I think its the atlernator plug or something, but I have the green/white cut and running up to my motor harness, i think that was for the voltmeter in the dash or something though.

no with that wired everything works except the abs. SPeedo, and cruisecontrol all work perfect.

I took my ABS light bulb out, never got it figured out. Didn't really care if I had it or not as the donor SAS wouldn't have ABS. Never have gotten around to doing that project.

Nice. this is my daily driver and will not be getting an SAS so I’d like to figure it out. I feel likes it’s only three wires so it shouldn’t be impossible. Has to be someone out there that figured it out.

I ended up using the ABS module from the Trac and then using a Dakota Digital for the speed conversion. I was having the same problem as you and this worked.

what does the speed conversion do? My speedo is working perfect and it shifts perfect. I only have the C1102 abs error and it doesn't seem to affect anything at all other than disable my ABS and illuminate the idiot light. But I'm curious what issues you were having and if it was really the same as mine. How does this dakota thing get wired in?

or did i miss read, and you put the trac abs in so the car was fine without the gsensor and used the dakota to get the speedo to work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I had the explorer ABS unit in, the speedo worked, but the abs did not (same code as you) and with the trac ABS unit in, there was no ABS code, but the speedo did not work. So I used the trac ABS unit and used the Dakota Digital SGI-5E to get the speedo to work. The Dakota Digital gets it's input from the + VSS signal coming into the ABS (RD/PK wire at pin 21 of C135 on the ABS unit), 12V accessory power and ground (don't worry about the sensor ground) and the output gets spliced into the VSS signal going to the PCM and other components (at C146 pin 32 GY/BK wire on the firewall). I think I used output 4 in H-L mode and the ratio is set somewhere between 3.00-4.00 (that should get you in the ballpark and then use their calibration equation from there).

Also, you can swap the ABS units without having the mess with the brake lines, just have to use force to move the unit to get to the bolts. Did that multiple times and it didn't kink or break the lines.

Back