Anyone get the ABS light off on a 01 ST v8 swap? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone get the ABS light off on a 01 ST v8 swap?

awesome well i'm headed to the junkyard after work to grab another ABS as i didn't save mine. If the ABS light clears than I will order up the SGI-5E and go that route.

Then I just have to replace my leaky rear main seal (damn advance auto crap) and the trucks running perfect!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awesome well i'm headed to the junkyard after work to grab another ABS as i didn't save mine. If the ABS light clears than I will order up the SGI-5E and go that route.

Then I just have to replace my leaky rear main seal (damn advance auto crap) and the trucks running perfect!

Let us know how it goes!

I grabbed the whole pump assembly out of an 01 or 02 sport. Don’t remember but I think it was an 01. Just got home swapped the brain part onto my pump. I did the three wires and fired it. Was about to start screaming because the abs light came on. Then I realized I didn’t put the little plug in on the bottom of the pump. All said and done I now have full abs and no light. Yay!!!! No speedo so I will order up one of those Dakota things.

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Glad it worked! Let me know if you have any trouble with the Dakota Digital. Took me forever to figure out how to make it work and how to mount it and run the wires the best.

on my way to work today the check enging light popped on. Hopefully just something to do with the speedo not working. Everything seems to be running normal. Don't have my scanner on my to see what it is.

Let us know, probably P0500 with no speedometer

I keep forgetting to check it. My Dakota digital comes Monday. So I’ll get that wired in and check the code then. Does the Dakota come with instructions or should I be looking for a specific sport Trac wiring setup. I’m on my phone mowing st my new Christmas tree farm so it’s hard to look back a page but I think someone posted a simple wiring and some settings to get me started

Well I wired in the Dakota. I got it set to the HL and tried 3.00 through 4.00. Nothing happens. I verified the two wires. One on the abs and one on the firewall. Everything is hoped up. I noticed the Dakota has a solid little dot but when I am moving it slowly flashes. So I assume it’s getting a signal

Definetally on pin 32

AE85E4DC-69C8-4DE2-8C14-090611F19F63.jpeg

Got it. H-L. Sig on low and P-u to off. Output is on option 3. About to drive now and play with the buttons

1.62 seems to be the magic calibration. I need to find one of those speed trap radar signs. Cruise control quit but I don’t really care too much

Heck yes!! I just see this now, seems like you have it sorted out! Post up the details when you get it all calibrated.
Can we see your tree farm?
X mas trees sell for big $$$$$$!!!!

I don’t really have many pics. But here’s some. Theees a one acre pond that me and wife have landed some pretty heathy bass out of. And I love my home made lawn mower. Made from all the tree stand found on the property lol. I had a mild heart attack back in July so I needed something to keep me from sweating and getting over worked. Age 40 and had 99.9 blockage in the main artery feeding the heart. Yike!

00C10452-A3D3-4A22-B57D-F3B4E6D7F0FD.jpeg

C2B91B13-7BF9-4CA2-B9FB-108581DC84A6.jpeg

EBC404F5-EE80-48F1-B5F3-77A375228122.jpeg

0DF25748-44A7-481F-AA40-28BBBEFE134C.jpeg

8749DD63-7FE2-492F-9295-D55546170DFC.jpeg

99EAAE65-1BE0-47A0-BAA6-3F263B4FBE12.jpeg

A9FE2D07-CCF8-4166-9D02-3D2D17215C06.jpeg

D4593F74-91EF-4807-ABDA-8DD197D0713E.jpeg

E487BA19-0162-4A39-BA11-4D04C52E6491.jpeg

Well done! Sig on low and P-u to off is the key I guess. Now I'm curious and will have to double check exactly what I have it set on. My cruise is also not working, let me know if you find a fix. I haven't had time to mess with it lately. Was thinking of running a dedicated wire to the cruise as a first attempt.

I also have a check engine light still on. I just ordered another scanner as I can’t seem to find mine. CEL was not on prior to swapping the abs and the Dakota install So I may not be fully worked out or I may have some other issue

Scanner came in today. It was two po500 codes. I cleared them. Maybe just from me installing the Dakota? I’m driving it now and the lights still off

Didn’t last long. Lights back on with a po500 but the speedos working perfect. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the pcm is not seeing the signal from the vss
wire the pcm to the vss? Did you disco the pcm input when you wired up the dakota?
That is a nice fish!
99.9 holy crap! What was it? defect? diet? fixed now?
Our diet/food source in this country sucks, we have been trying for about 5 years now to do things way more healthy. I am 46 and have a 10 year old son and two grandkids (in law)
I plan to be around a long time...
My son at 7 weeks had his aortic artery blocked by a heart defect, he flatlined 3 times....yikes. Hes now 10 and his heart is 98% he is a case study for children's hospital and he is a little miracle.
We gotta take care of our hearts!

Back