Anyone got pics of a Sport Trac w/ long travel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone got pics of a Sport Trac w/ long travel?

ManOverboard

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ST
Does anyone out there have the camburg or some other long travel system on their sport trac, or more importantly, pictures of it?:exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe there was a yellow or orange sport trac in 4wheel mag or something with a dixon brothers kit a while back, looked awsome... I'll see if I can find it...

A 2wd I found http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0610or_2001_ford_explorer_sporttrac/index.html

Another http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/0702or_ford_explorer_sport_trac/index.html
0702or_15_z+2001_ford_sport_trac+front_view.jpg

Sure is.
I wish I could find the Dixon Bros trac, I think it was a 4wd kit.
I was playing in the dunes with my sport trac last saturday just dreaming of the long travel kit while my suspension was taking a beating ;)

Baja Shop had one at SEMA in '01.

offroad_frsusp.jpg
4wd model with the CV axles removed. Well, you have to take apart a CV axle and leave the out CV pieces in place so that the wheelbearing hub assembly doesn't fall apart. Remember that if you break a CV axle on the trail.

Wow! those are some sick Sport Tracks! I wish mine could be like that! thanks for postin guys!

Wow! those are some sick Sport Tracks! I wish mine could be like that! thanks for postin guys!
Don't you mean thanks for helping me lighten my wallet?:D

Wow, the Red one is another 4wd truck converted to 2wd.

Strange that they left the front axle still in the truck with the driveshaft connected back to the transfercase. :confused:

0702or_11_z+2001_ford_sport_trac+front_suspension.jpg

maybe they didn't get the CVsaxles finished before the show or photoshoot.
long travel 4wd is doable Dixon Brothers have a kit for it.

Back