Anyone have an '07/'08 and had teh door panels off yet? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have an '07/'08 and had teh door panels off yet?

Infinity08

Reaction score
City, State
Charlestown, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac LTD
Anyone have an '07/'08 and had the door panels off yet?

Happen to snap a pic? I'm wondering how much space there is between the door panel and the front of the speakers? I'd like to mount my new components coax-style, but if the protrusion will cause problems, I'll have to poke some holes.

Is it safe to mount tweets in the A-pillars with those airbags in there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't snap any pics when I swapped my speakers but I can say that you can remove them in just a few minutes to check for yourself.

The covers on the single handle and the armrest just snap off. There are two bolts under each to take out and then the three screws at the bottom (two at bottom of rear doors)....then just lift the panel straight up for the clips to clear and voila.....done!

Just put some clay on top of the factory speakers and reinstall the door panel. When you remove the door panel again you can measure the clay to see how much clearance you have for your tweets.

Nice, thanks for the instructions on the panels. It's cold, and I don't want to spend too much time digging.

In case you didn't get that door panel off yet, there are photos in this "classic" post:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151909&highlight=Audiophile&page=3

While I hadn't had a chance to try it, what with the holidays and shopping for baby stuff, I REALLY appreciate that link. Thank you very much. I can't tell from the pics- I hope I can get the set in there that I have with the tweeters protruding a bit. How close is the panel to the speakers, any idea?

Back