Anyone have an idea on this rattle noise? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Anyone have an idea on this rattle noise?

MrXanyBar

Reaction score
City, State
Flora, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013,XLT 2.0
2.0 13 xlt It's always made this rattle noise since I've had it..bone stock at 93k miles(now 96k with a little extra)..I just assumed it was a heat shield so never paid too much mind to it...ive re done the exhaust while I was replacing the flex connector hoping that was the rattle.., I've removed every heat shield for a temporary time to see...still not it..just annoying and hoping someone has more info before I go any further..(damn it The video file is too large, I'm gonna try to upload it on YouTube or somthing and link it)

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

ExplorerDude1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2016 Ltd Eco
I've heard that on my 2016 Limited Ecoboost as well. Let me know if you figure out the issue. I've only heard once or twice when I had to gun it.

<

MrXanyBar

Reaction score
City, State
Flora, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013,XLT 2.0
I'm gonna end up removing the cat probably once I do I'll keep you updated

<

reserved50

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Sport Exploder
tap the exhaust with a soft mallet if that's where you think the noise is from, unbolt the section and try tapping it again

<