Anyone have chrome rocker panels?

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
On ebay I noticed an auction for the chrome pillar posts....
And the explorer pictured had chrome rocker panels.

QAA-PP42643.jpg

I searched ebay but there are none for sale.
I emailed the seller of the chrome pillar posts and they said they do sell them but didn't give a price.

I think these would look sharp on my black 04 because I dont have any fenter trim and I think it needs a little dressing up. The aviators and navigators have something similar.

Any others have these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes on the black like yours that would look hot :) but the ones on the blue look kinda ifish :( although can't really tell ya where to look at for em'

I'm not a fan of the chrome pillars...

Im with you on that. But with the chrome pillars, if you add the chrome sills that basically makes the complete trim around the window chrome, it makes for a more finished look.

Just the pillars looks incomplete to me.

All it probably is is just some chrome sticky material, peel the back off and stick it to your molding. In other words it will look tacky and start to bubble and fall off in a month. I never was a fan of large amounts of chrome on anything newer than a classic car. I think it looks like it was just driven out of a JC Whitney catalog, but thats just me.

come to think of it, it looks ok on the pillars cause i need some on mine there fading ...but they don't go so well on the rocker...

It's probably just generic, cheap stick on stuff you get at Pep Boys or even Walmart. I think it looks like butt.

my butt is not chrome :)

Im with you on that. But with the chrome pillars, if you add the chrome sills that basically makes the complete trim around the window chrome, it makes for a more finished look.

Just the pillars looks incomplete to me.

I'm not a huge chrome fan at all. I like black...powder coted black...Then again I'm going with the white and black theam for now on my truck...

You can make your own for cheap... go to Autozone, and they have these rolls of chrome trim that's similar to the material that those pillar posts are made of... just pick the thickness you want, then just stick it to your truck and cut it where appropriate.

Back