anyone have experence with installing center consoles?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone have experence with installing center consoles??

AddisaurusMoss

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer
Ever since i bought my explorer is hasn't had a center console. i found one on craigslist and tomorrow im removing it from the sellers explorer and installing it in my... as of now i have no clue how ill go about doing it... and advice?

There should be a metal bracket kind of thing on the floor in between your seats, and 2 screw holes at the bottom center of your dash where a console would mount. I never heard of an Ex with no center console factory? the provisions to mount it should be there. When you go to take the other one out, you have to lift the cup holders and pocket out, undo 2 screws. Pull the cup holders off the back of the console by removing 3 screws and I think a couple holding it to the floor. Then just sit in the back seat and pull the console towards you and It should just pop out.

Thats how mine went anyway :D There may be a couple more screws holding it to the floor, but you dont have to take the whole thing apart to get it up.

is it a short console, or full length? turdle did a write up on how to remove a full length on a while back. so a search on it, and he has step by step instructions, and pictures as well

Back