Anyone have experience with installing a tranny rebuild kit? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have experience with installing a tranny rebuild kit?

Good job! Thanks for the update and so happy things worked out for you. Feels good to fix a transmission doesn’t it? You can amaze your friends and neighbors now with the knowledge you gained. Did you enjoy doing it? Also dn010 I no longer need the reammers as the other shop purchased their own. I have some extra pump alignment tools from shift kits that I would be happy to send to you if you like.

Transman304: It was an educational experience and yes, I did enjoy it. The hardest part was getting the damn thing out with all the rusted bolts on the crossmember. They all broke off so I followed one of the YouTube posts,banged them out with an air chisel & replaced with heavy duty bolts from AutoZone.

It was great to learn how the transmission works as I went along with the rebuild. And yes, my circle of friends and family who have been following my rebuild are very impressed.

dn010: I will pm you later with the info. I also have the TransGo alignment tool I'll throw in for free. If you start your project, I'll be happy to share my experience as you go through the steps.

As I PMed in March, I'd be interested in the bore kit, I guess now if transman doesn't want it. Also any alignment tool you may have that you no long want/need.

I'll pm you when I get home from work.

Back