Anyone have Livernois problems yet? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have Livernois problems yet?

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
Has anyone had any problems yet with any tunes? I am still watching this closely. I really want to pull the trigger but and scared crapless that if something happens and Ford won't honor the warranty, my wife is going to hang me by myballs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been livernois tuned from 4k miles to now at 13.5k miles, no issues here.

Has anyone had any problems yet with any tunes? I am still watching this closely. I really want to pull the trigger but and scared crapless that if something happens and Ford won't honor the warranty, my wife is going to hang me by myballs.

Great question. I am going to pre order the Corsa, then Cai, maybe tune and thermostat but my wife would kill me also if something went wrong.

Great question. I am going to pre order the Corsa, then Cai, maybe tune and thermostat but my wife would kill me also if something went wrong.

Then don't do it. If warranty is a concern, then let it be.

I haven't had any problems, nor have many others.

However, I accept the fact and responsibility that if something goes wrong with the motor or transmission, I will not queue up at the dealer and blaming Ford.

To close, I'm confident in LMS' R&D and that they have provided a reliable tuning solution

Yes there is an issue with the Livernois tune. Alot of people have had the issue in the SHO but there are plenty like myself that have problems in the Esport.
At 4500rpms we are getting a hard stutter. With logging and video recording it's very easy to see the fuel rail pressure drops at 4500rpm.
Lund had plenty of people complaining about this issue and has since fixed the DD tune with works on fixing the SS tune.
Livernois has NOT fixed it. I've been told they are working on it but it has been over a month and no updates yet. Would be nice to have the vehicle run as it should.

Couple vids to view. Watch the Fuel Pressure and you will see the drastic drop in pressure.
http://youtu.be/v8ucjbgGnXk
http://youtu.be/c0zu27QNvUE

I'm starting to see the same thing (hard stutter at 4-5K RPM)....seems worse now that it's getting cold.

Then don't do it. If warranty is a concern, then let it be.

I haven't had any problems, nor have many others.

However, I accept the fact and responsibility that if something goes wrong with the motor or transmission, I will not queue up at the dealer and blaming Ford.

To close, I'm confident in LMS' R&D and that they have provided a reliable tuning solution

We definitely appreciate the confidence! We have been tuning EcoBoost vehicles since they have been available essentially. Every now and then something needs to be addressed to make improvements, but I can say that we have always done our best to ensure everything be reliable to the best of our ability. This is why every EcoBoost vehicle we offer tuning services on we have spent a great deal of time with, and usually purchase to be able to continue testing and development.

Yes there is an issue with the Livernois tune. Alot of people have had the issue in the SHO but there are plenty like myself that have problems in the Esport.
At 4500rpms we are getting a hard stutter. With logging and video recording it's very easy to see the fuel rail pressure drops at 4500rpm.
Lund had plenty of people complaining about this issue and has since fixed the DD tune with works on fixing the SS tune.
Livernois has NOT fixed it. I've been told they are working on it but it has been over a month and no updates yet. Would be nice to have the vehicle run as it should.

Couple vids to view. Watch the Fuel Pressure and you will see the drastic drop in pressure.
http://youtu.be/v8ucjbgGnXk
http://youtu.be/c0zu27QNvUE

Did the tune fix your fuel pressure drop issue?

Did the tune fix your fuel pressure drop issue?

I have only run their fixed 87 octane tune so far but it did fix the issue.
I got the 93 a couple days later but the temps had climbed to upper 70's and lower 80's so i did not instal it. Then i went on vacation and returned to stock for the trip so i have not ran the 93 tune as of yet. Once i do i will post how it goes.

Back