Anyone have these clear corners? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have these clear corners?

Anybody have these clear corners? If so, do you have anything good or bad to say about them? I purshased them on monday and should be coming on saturday. They look like they're a little less cheaply made compared to the completly cear ones.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLEAR-CORNERS-ford-EXPLORER-95-00-corner-lamp-set-99-98_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1240Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem370139139432QQitemZ370139139432QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Let me know your opinions. Thanks,

-Russ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah ive actually read that but I won't believe in til I see it. Im guessing thats the people that take their truck off roading and leave the mud on there for months. Im picky about mine being clean. I wax it twice a season including the headlights and I also have a head light reconditioning kit that works well so we will see I guess. I have a buddy with a 06 ranger with ebay corners and they are fine to this day.

yup piss yellow would be the most accurate description and I don't go offroading... I also keep my truck clean and plastic polish did nothing to the lenses....

hmmm well, too late now. I guess ill slap them on when they get here and see how long they last.

hehehe sorry
mine lasted "clear" for ~1 year, not sure how's the sun in your area

Yeah the only real time we see the sun over here is during the summer, so 3 months and it rarlely gets above 90 degrees or so.

hmmm well, too late now. I guess ill slap them on when they get here and see how long they last.

yea man, i say put em up, and note your connditions of where you live, also maybe update us in a few months how there doin...but if you use polish on them and they stay clear-then let us know what polish you usedd :thumbsup: ;)

seal them up with clear silicoln and you shouldnt have issues
I had the diamond black corners, never any yellowing
My son in law has the diamond clears, never any yellowing

Some of the aftermarket lights need some help to be sealed 100%, silicoln can make $30 lights act and look like $300 lights

funny the pic is upside down LOL

Yeah they came today and I installed them. I did compare them to the stock corners and they are not sealed nearly as well as the ford ones so I probably will put some silicone on them tomarow. Other than that they look great! I will come back to this thread and let everyone know how they're doing in a few months. I bought a billet grille off ebay today too for 40.00. You know you have the mod bug when you spend every last penny you have on your truck.:(

Back