Anyone here from the New Orleans area? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Anyone here from the New Orleans area?

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I'm looking for someone from the New orleans area who might be able to help me. We've got a Katrina dog who's New Orleans owners are now saying it is theres. They have good proof, but before we release it we need to have some third party confirm their address and that it is a house, not a trailer. If you are interested, respond here or shoot me an email at [email protected]!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rhyno

Reaction score
City, State
Potomac, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 EB
You should just use Google Earth. I bet it would help you determine the type of dwelling easily if you have the address.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Well we also need to confirm they live where they say they do. Anyone can give an address, it'd be best to have someone that can go knock on the door and say "mr and mrs...?"

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
if they have good proof it is theirs....

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
uhh no. Legally the dog is ours. If we decide to adopt it back to them, that is our choice. We think the animal has the full right to be back with her original family and will do so if it will be a good situation for the dog, but if they are living in a cramped trailer or something, then it is not an appropriate place for a 90+ pound dog, especially one with aggressive tendencies.
It's possible if they were to take us to court, they could get their dog back that way but not likely, and then they'd likely have to cover the $4,000-6000 that we have spent on this dog, transporting her out of katrina, treating her heartworm, treating other illnesses and skin diseases she had as a result of being there so long, etc. or if we find they are living in a reasonable condition, we can adopt the dog back to them for our $75 adoption fee.