Anyone in MI willing to help me out?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone in MI willing to help me out??

MyTrac

Reaction score
City, State
Utica, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I want to do a tt shackle/torsion twist lift. Probably wont go over 2'' on the lift so I am not wearing suspension parts out so quickly .So that I can buy some bigger tires for winter!! ;) ....buuuuuut I want some help. Which product should I purchase? And can anyone in MI help me out?? Would I need different shocks at the same time? or can I keep the ones that are on there now? Preferably someone close to Macomb?? I cant do it myself and my dad won't do it with me!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you mean by what product to purchase? For shackles, its Warrior Products Part 153. You can use the stock torsion bolts to get the 2" you want up front. You wont need to replace the shocks most likely as most shocks have enough travel to compenstate for the small amount of lift. I still run my Monroes that I've had for the last 3 years.

soo do you think 2'' is not even worth it? Could i even get any good winter/mud tires on my truck with that kind of lift??

Oh no its definitely worth every second of work and effort! 2" is a HUGE difference from stock. When I did the TT/shackle lift this summer it sat a couple nights before I did the body lift and I loved the difference.

This is before the TT/Shackles:

100_0752.jpg

This is after:

photo4.jpg

You got tools? I could zip down there and back on my bike for $10 i
worth of gas

okay good.... it seems pretty easy...? I really want to put some height on it.

i gotta figure out what tools i need lol I am looking for a tutorial haha

The link Kazer posted that LONO wrote is amazing. That's the one I used to do mine.

It looks perty easy according to dat write up! However, I need the necessary jack stands and the floor lift....I have the rachet set and stuff and the oem jack stand......And I needa buy the shackles.

hey bud. i could help if you need it to. but yea go with the war 153.
i didnt think i would see a whole lot of diffrerence either... but i did for sure.. i just havent gotten my bigger tires yet

and are you sure the 153's are going to be the ones to give me a 2'' lift?? I am looking for them and it only seems like there is a little lift coming from them.....are there other options for the sport trac??

edit: dersche I just read your post lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...l?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

these the ones i want??? Which ones? those dont look like the ones in the tutorial..

yea those are them (the name atleast) but idk why they look like that. i think i ordered mine off of a random website searching off of google. but yea warrior 153 is the way to go.

it is not 2" i guess it says in is about 1.25" look into my signautre for my build link. i posted somewhere on the 2nd page the results of the warrior shackles/ TT twist ride height before and after.

thanks guys!! Gotta get brakes done and I am going to a salvage yard to poke around and see if I find some cool stuff! I have enough to buy mu flowmaster now too!! :D

and are you sure the 153's are going to be the ones to give me a 2'' lift?? I am looking for them and it only seems like there is a little lift coming from them.....are there other options for the sport trac??

edit: dersche I just read your post lol

Yeah there are other options, you can make your own like mine but since they are based off of the Warriors specs you might as well get the Warriors. The photo isnt right on Amazon but its the right part, sometimes auto parts have the wrong photos.

My shackles.

IMG_1613.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The shackles will get you 2". If you want a little more you could do an add a leaf as well as the warriors and that'll get you almost 4". 2 from the shackles and 1.75 from the aal.

Back