anyone know a good mechanic in orlando? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone know a good mechanic in orlando?

toddious

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
winter park, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Limited 4x4
i have a hard time finding someone to do good honest work on my truck. I don't have any tools here while i'm in school, nor a garage to use, so i have to resort to mechanic for even easy tasks.

i'm needing to fix my ball joints (i believe, my front passenger side squeeks bad) as well as change out my a/c compressor.

if anyone is from orlando, and capable, i could just pay for service (and some beers). or if you know any good mechanics who aren't trying to rip me off, or do bad work, please let me know.

thanks in advance! todd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

swapping out the AC compressor may be a shortcut in a process which requires a little more thought and detail. If your old one had died the "black death" your entire system may beed a review, flush and possible components replaced to avoid a fast failure of the new one.

ok, well, either way, i'm not going to be doing the work myself...... i know that there is fluid that leaks out the front of my compressor, and it works fine when there is fluid, but it is a consistent leak, so when the ac fluid is gone, it obviously stop working.

quite a bit involved in replacing an A/C compresor.
evacuating the system adding oil and replacing the little moisture dryer and a few other things that the average person should not attempt..

If all you have is a compressor front seal leaking probably replacing the compressor and at the same time the accumulator might just do the trick.

so back to the original question, anyone know a mechanic who could perform these tasks? thanks, todd.

or does anyone live near orlando? please??

Back