Anyone know about Bravada's?

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
My aunt has a 99 Bravada I believe is the year and for some reason the 4wd doesn't work in it half the time, my take on it is it acts like ours in the 2nd gens where it automatically engages when a rear wheel slips but that's it you can't put it in high or low its a complete touch-less system. So my question is if anyone here knows anything about them is there something common that goes wrong on these things? And is there a way to rig it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're just like the S-10 Blazer so you might try perusing those forums on the 'net.

I'll probably try that, figured I would try here first even though its pretty much explorer vehicles exclusive.

Bravadas are AWD, whereas the blazers and jimmy's are selectable. It may be the computer that controls the awd in it. Does it throw any codes?

We sell quite a few front prop shafts for them..but you say it's just not engaging the front wheels, eh? The tcase is another common issue w/ those..not the best made truck in the world.

Yea from my understanding of it, it seems like it has an electromagnetic clutch that engages the front axle as needed so its not a true awd its just an on-demand 4wd unlike the blazers. What with the transfer cases go Eric?

Yea from my understanding of it, it seems like it has an electromagnetic clutch that engages the front axle as needed so its not a true awd its just an on-demand 4wd unlike the blazers. What with the transfer cases go Eric?

I'm not too sure, I don't deal w/ the t cases too much..I just hear they are always burned up. I think the main issue though is people using different sized tires and such.

Alright, I'll have to see what guys on a blazer forum has to say....thanks for the info.

also try s10 forum. i know its a bravada but they do like this forum does and have different sections for all the s vehicles.

wow i fail. that is over a year old.

at least you posted your fail before someone else got a hold of it... :D

It's all good, I checked there awhile back with no luck, they don't seem as friendly as this forum when I asked. So she's still without 4wd or w/e but has been dealing.

Back