Anyone know ABS error codes? please help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone know ABS error codes? please help

bigcrunch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 v8
1997 v8 AWD Codes I have

C1185 ABS power relay output circuit fail

C1102 Acceleration Switch Malfunction, may not apply to AWD

B1318 low battery prob had that issue sometime in its life, currently bat is 12.4 and 14.3 runnning.

And ABS light is on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Replaced ABS module tucked in the left front fender with the one from my parts 96, light is now off need to get it up to speed and slam on the brakes. thanks for the info Rod.

If your ABS light continues to illuminate, there could be brake dust caking the ABS sensor on one of the four wheels. I have the same probnlem.

Not sure if you’re still around bigcrunch but are we to assume that the c1185 is a generic abs fault ya think? It seems to be a common fault that accompanies many other abs faults. I currently have c1185 and c1210 which is a dump valve circuit failure. In my research for c1210, it seems that c1185 is very prevalent with many other faults. My point being that maybe c1185 is triggered often times right along with the other codes which are the actual problem. So basically ignore c1185?

Not sure if you’re still around bigcrunch but are we to assume that the c1185 is a generic abs fault ya think? It seems to be a common fault that accompanies many other abs faults. I currently have c1185 and c1210 which is a dump valve circuit failure. In my research for c1210, it seems that c1185 is very prevalent with many other faults. My point being that maybe c1185 is triggered often times right along with the other codes which are the actual problem. So basically ignore c1185?
so after changing my abs unit today the faults went away. I’m going to conclude that c1185 fault is a commonly thrown fault that accompanies other faults and it should for the most part, be ignored and the other faults should be focused on as the primary source of the warning light.

Back