Anyone know how this works?

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the Focus you hold in the trip odometer reset button as you start the car. Once the odometer reads 'test' (in strange looking characters) let go. You can then toggle through all the test 'pages' using the trip reset button. Note that this will reset your trip odometer.

However, when did Explorers start coming with digital odometers? Mine is analog. :dunno:

On the Focus you hold in the trip odometer reset button as you start the car. Once the odometer reads 'test' (in strange looking characters) let go. You can then toggle through all the test 'pages' using the trip reset button. Note that this will reset your trip odometer.

However, when did Explorers start coming with digital odometers? Mine is analog. :dunno:

My 04 has a digital odometer
Ill give this a try...Thanks!

I tried it.

Holding the trip reset button and start the explorer. Hold until the milage indicator reads "test"
let go

first is a gage test.. all gage needles go wacky
then press the odometer reset button to go through a bunch of diagnostic stuff... have no idea what they are or even if it will tell you a trouble code. my engine light is not on.

did notice that one of them is a tach... digital rpms... that that was cool..

Thanks!

Ill book mark that page for sure!

Indeed, it just puts the cluster into diagnostic test mode. It does NOT tell you jack about the engine trouble codes. It simply shows you the signals being sent to the instrument cluster by the respective sensors and inputs.

I can't believe people try to sell that info on Ebay. Buyer Beware....

-Joe

Back