Anyone live in Indiana want to help with a SAS? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone live in Indiana want to help with a SAS?

dersch6221992

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty
Hey everyone,

i plan to lift the mounty this summer. I will be graduating the state police academy and living in Indianapolis. so i want to make my truck big!

i have considered superlift 4" kit and a body lift. so under $2000.

or i want to do a SAS. my thing is i do not have the mechanical knowledge for this. i can built stuff and im good at it. this is just a bit out of my range.
so if someone else wanted to help me find the parts, and help me build it (did i mention i dont have a garage...). i would gladly pay you in beer/ food.

i think SAS would be better full width for sure but i dont know what parts is. i know a shop will do it for $5000-7000.

but i want to stay below $3000.

anyone help me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OR does anyone want to help me install the superlift and body lift in indiana?
like i said wont have a garage :(

how old are you....???

just curious.....

:salute:

how old are you....???

just curious.....

I am 21 good sir. :)

ive worked my butt off since i was 18 and graduated high school.. hard work pays off when you get your dream career

side not is SAS worth it or should i just do superlift/ body lift like yours?

thank you!!!!

that answers ALOT of my questions...

good luck with what YOU DECIDE to do

thank you!!!!

that answers ALOT of my questions...

good luck with what YOU DECIDE to do

haha what were your questions?

yea i know its my decision -_- i guess i have 6 months to decide

bump bump bump

If we lived closer I'd be more then happy to help you. Definetly go SAS, Superlift parts are becoming extinct and the IFS can't take the abuse that a solid axle can. Plus you don't really gain ground clearance with a superlift on the front crossmember. I'm still collecting all the parts for my SAS, it's not going to be cheap but I believe in doing it right the first time.

If we lived closer I'd be more then happy to help you. Definetly go SAS, Superlift parts are becoming extinct and the IFS can't take the abuse that a solid axle can. Plus you don't really gain ground clearance with a superlift on the front crossmember. I'm still collecting all the parts for my SAS, it's not going to be cheap but I believe in doing it right the first time.

what kind of price range you looking at?
i honestly would consider making some trip to PA to make it if we could get it done in a reasonable amount of time.
Superlift while i agree with all the issues your stated just seems so much "easier" because i could have it done in a weekend. plus with an added Body lift while it still wont have excellent ground clearance 35" tires would be plenty for what i do.

My total cost for parts is gonna be around $4.5-5.5k (this includes custom skid plates I'll build for it, semi exxo skeleton). I'm gonna be running 37" tires though so I may go with hydro assist steering for what I do. The price includes tires, custom made driveshafts, etc... My truck as it sits can do all of the green, yellow, orange and 90% of the blue trails at Doe Valley. I want to play with the tube buggy's on the black trails and I plan on being the first to concur Yota Lane (first to concur it gets to rename it). Tons of videos on YouTube and at bigrubbers4x4.

My total cost for parts is gonna be around $4.5-5.5k (this includes custom skid plates I'll build for it, semi exxo skeleton). I'm gonna be running 37" tires though so I may go with hydro assist steering for what I do. The price includes tires, custom made driveshafts, etc... My truck as it sits can do all of the green, yellow, orange and 90% of the blue trails at Doe Valley. I want to play with the tube buggy's on the black trails and I plan on being the first to concur Yota Lane (first to concur it gets to rename it). Tons of videos on YouTube and at bigrubbers4x4.

DANG! 5k is way too much for me lol
im considering just stick with the superlift kit and beating the crap out of it until she breaks and then buy a 4dr wrangler

Do you own a welder,chop saw and is the truck goin to be close enough to weld if not then sas is going to cost you more because it requires welding so expect to buy a welder which its also good to have anyways

That'll cost way more than $5k. :eek:

well superlift is $1000. no biggy figure i could get 2-4 years out of it before i destroy it and then il be fine with dropping 20k on a newer wrangler.

and yes i do have a welder but no chop saw. i think SAS is just not practical with the time, lack of garage space, money, etc.

I did mine for about 1300 check mine out if you have everything it can be done fast and you dont nessecarily need a chop saw if you have a metal store that will cut the metal to the right lengths wwhen you buy it if you have the parts it wont take very long either i would personally keep it stock and gather parts for sas and when you get them then give it a go u can make it better then a jeep p.s. all i could do was weld so it was way out of my legue but i did it

lol i live on the border of indiana and michigan in granger

lol i live on the border of indiana and michigan in granger

im going to be moving to south bend in may i hope

Back