Anyone looking for Bucket seats? Swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone looking for Bucket seats? Swap

mjwkr2000

Reaction score
City, State
Romeo, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello,

I was a lurker on here for years but figured I would create an account because now I need something :D

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT with the tan (not sure what the color is called) leather bucket seats in the second row. Its not really working for us like we thought now with 3 kids. I would like to swap it with someone or buy someones bench seat from them. I remember when we first bought the vehicle there were lots of posts discussing swapping to buckets so I am hoping someone is still interested. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I say leave it, but I'm not going to announce this as policy.

Thanks,

Rick

I would do the trade.
But color is wrong
and mine has the inflatable seat belts, which makes me think it would be a pita.

I have the inflatable seatbelts as well. I am hoping the swap isn't too bad.

I would do it as well but I don't live anywhere near you and I have the black leather seats with the suede inlay. Good luck

HMMMMM.

I have the light stone in leather seat you're looking for and the inflatable belts, although I think, except for the center seat they are part of the interior. I like the idea of the buckets.

So here's where I'm at. Mine's a 2013 Limited low miles and my daughter is an adult with her own car, so my back seats have rarely been used and then only by adults. They are immaculate top, bottom, sides and the carpeted back. I would only even think about the trade if your's are the same. I can send you pictures to verify what I'm describing and would ask the same.

I need to look at how hard they would be to remove, but i'm guessing a handful of bolts/nuts. We would also have to figure out the logistics of the swap although I'm not that far away. I also need to look at them to know if the backs are perforated like the fronts are. I really don't recall.

Let me know what your thoughts and seat conditions are. I will look at mine and see what is really involved in this. Feel free to PM me if you like and we can exchange pics if we want to proceed.

HMMMMM.

I have the light stone in leather seat you're looking for and the inflatable belts, although I think, except for the center seat they are part of the interior. I like the idea of the buckets.

So here's where I'm at. Mine's a 2013 Limited low miles and my daughter is an adult with her own car, so my back seats have rarely been used and then only by adults. They are immaculate top, bottom, sides and the carpeted back. I would only even think about the trade if your's are the same. I can send you pictures to verify what I'm describing and would ask the same.

I need to look at how hard they would be to remove, but i'm guessing a handful of bolts/nuts. We would also have to figure out the logistics of the swap although I'm not that far away. I also need to look at them to know if the backs are perforated like the fronts are. I really don't recall.

Let me know what your thoughts and seat conditions are. I will look at mine and see what is really involved in this. Feel free to PM me if you like and we can exchange pics if we want to proceed.

I think you are going to find that your seats are perforated and mine are not. My seats have had car seats on them (installed over seat pads) since the day we brought it home from the dealer. I am guessing that there will be a slight indentation in the seat that should smooth out over time but other then that, nothing has ever touched the leather.

Hmmm, I might do it, I am local to you, we have the tan leather, but we have no inflatable seats belts...

DAMN!!! They are perforated. As far as the belts go, the seats are independent of the belts except for the center position and it's not an inflatable belt. These should be a simple swap. If you go get the perforated buckets, I'll do the swap...

DAMN!!! They are perforated. As far as the belts go, the seats are independent of the belts except for the center position and it's not an inflatable belt. These should be a simple swap. If you go get the perforated buckets, I'll do the swap...

Keep in mind, the deployment mechanism for the seat belt airbag is actually in the buckle (which is attached to the seat). You have to get a seat from a vehicle with the inflatable seat belts or your belts wont work, and it may throw some sort of error code...not sure. Hopefully its not overly complicated beyond that.

2011 - 2015 bench seat to bucket seats?

Anyone here in canada have the 2nd row bucket seats and want to switch to bench seat?

What color interior do you have?

Regular black leather. 2013 lmtd

Ok, I have the brown/black seats so that won't work....

Back