Anyone re-use factory traction bars on V8 explorer after rear SOA? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone re-use factory traction bars on V8 explorer after rear SOA?

Finished with the front SAS and of course did the rear SOA. Running a 2inch block and warrior shackle with the SOA. Wondering if anyone has used the factory mounts to run rear traction bars? I measured them I would need to extend the bars a few inches, and would run a heim joint of some sort, that way it wouldn't hurt the flex as much. Anyone try this yet??

I planned on re-using mine when I do my SAS. Reason being is I have heard and seen that one of the hardest things on the leaf springs is the torsional pressure. They fail and "W" because they are getting twisted back and forth and with our V8's making near 300 lb-ft for torque that's easy to do. I plan on re-using mine for sure!

Just did SOA on my Mounty V8 and I'm stuck with the same problem. Factory traction bars are too short!!! Does anyone make an adjustable universal traction bar that will fit the oem brackets? Thanks!

I cut mine and welded tubing to one side that so they would slide in and out. Worked great, use a small boot to keep dirt out.

Bump, I've been soa for 2 years and the leafs are a really nice w shape now, anymore input on this

Back