Anyone run 0w20 Redline oil ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone run 0w20 Redline oil ?

If Ford's synthetic blend is the best you've ever used, I'd sure hate to see whatever you used to run. It's OK for a mediocre oil.

Lube I have be. Working on cars for OVER 40 years and have work and raced with big time racers and engine builders done oil ckechs on dyno for HP I have used mobil 1 and many ofther brands. We are talking about a DD and I said J M O no reson to be a a?? For the money ford oil and filter are great for your DD ford. J M O

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lube!!!!!! I have been working racing car for over 40 years I have raced a worked with some big time racers and engine builders.I have done dyno test with diff oil and add for hp. We are talking about a D D and I said just M O!!! No reson to be a a?? For the money and a D D ford, ford oil 5-20 and filter Are great J M O

Not trying to be an ass. Our experiences over the last 40 years (sounds like we're about the same age and experience level) are different. If you want to see some differences on a dyno, quit shopping off the shelf, because what's there won't get you where you want to be....and I'm not talking Amsoil, many of their products are mediocre too. You cannot get the best performance with ANY commodity oil or grease.

If you're not buying oil "off the shelf", where the hell are you buying it? It would be the same oil that is available from a jobber. You guys must think I am crazy, I use Castrol or Quaker State 5w30 High Mileage oil with Tufoil additive. Used it in Az., and use it in NE.

Quaker State is actually made by (owned by) Shell Oil. Their synthetic is good IMO.

Not afraid of 0W

I use 0W-20 Mobil 1. I use it all summer when the temps go over 100 in Tennessee, I use it in the winter when I go to Vermont and the temps can get way below zero. Yes, -40 is not unheard of, weeks go by at an average of -15f. the difference between 0W and 5W may be small, but it is a difference.

Oil pressure is not what is needed... oil flow is needed.
What is oil flow? the oil moving to critical parts.
What is oil pressure? Resistance to flow. The more pressure, the more resistance. Does not make sense to me to put in a heavier than needed oil just to get less flow.

If you're not buying oil "off the shelf", where the hell are you buying it? It would be the same oil that is available from a jobber. You guys must think I am crazy, I use Castrol or Quaker State 5w30 High Mileage oil with Tufoil additive. Used it in Az., and use it in NE.
I use Hydrotex products. I have used Lubrication Engineers products with good results. I'd give a Castrol product to someone I didn't like very much. Very interesting story about Castrol GT - but not fodder for a public forum for reasons I won't go in to. PM me if you're curious.
I'm currently running 40k mile or so oil changes on my F-350 PowerStroke diesel, and have gone farther than that on IC DT-466E's used in school buses. Off the shelf can't do that..period. I also analyze it every 5k miles.

Back