• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Anyone use the Waze app with their MFT 3.8 or 3.10?

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
Hey Everyone, coming back from a 200KM trip this weekend with my friend. He was using the Waze navigation and live traffic app as the passenger on his iphone and would tell me the notifications he was receiving during the ride. Just an amazing app!!! Gave live police radar checkpoints, accidents, better routes and even holes in the road to avoid.
My questions is I would love to have this app talk to me via my MFT system in the car if I activate is on my iphone.
Anyone figured this one out and how would be cool to know.
thanks
Fred

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Only works with Sync 3 on 2017+ vehicles.

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
I was crossing my fingers you weren’t going to say that. :angryfire:

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
In my older escape I was able to get audio notifications via Bluetooth on my car audio. Such as while using google maps on my iphone. Anyone know how I can do this on my explorer with sync 2 v3.10?

Ntrain

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Set the source to bluetooth audio?

Elfiero

Reaction score
City, State
Golden valley, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Limited
I think I am getting OLD. My last 3 vehicles have had ford sync with my ford touch, and I have never synced a phone to any of them! I just think it is too dangerous, as people can just drive up next to you and steal all the data from your phone, and you are none the wiser. I have thought about getting a burner phone from Wally-world with it’s own phone number and syncing that one. Is that a safe way to do it?

Ntrain

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I think I am getting OLD. My last 3 vehicles have had ford sync with my ford touch, and I have never synced a phone to any of them! I just think it is too dangerous, as people can just drive up next to you and steal all the data from your phone, and you are none the wiser. I have thought about getting a burner phone from Wally-world with it’s own phone number and syncing that one. Is that a safe way to do it?
How are people going to be able to steal your data exactly?

You do know Bluetooth isn't exactly easy to hack and has a pretty limited range?

You also have to allow a connection on your phone before anyone can connect.

If you feel any of this is incorrect please post links to the studies showing so.

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
I set it to Bluetooth audio and so far nothing with waze notifications and the app runs in the background. Either way I don’t like this option as it forces me to listen to my cell phone as in whatever I decide to play on the phone via Bluetooth to the car audio

Ntrain

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I set it to Bluetooth audio and so far nothing with waze notifications and the app runs in the background. Either way I don’t like this option as it forces me to listen to my cell phone as in whatever I decide to play on the phone via Bluetooth to the car audio
That's going to be your only option with the system you have.

Only way to get around it would be to go aftermarket or this:

MyFord Touch Sync 2 to Sync 3 Upgrade

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
I know of this option. The price brings tears to my eyes though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Anyone who updated to 3.0 downgrade to go back to the official 2.2 Sync3? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 10
fyrfyter612 MFT problem...anyone else? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
A MFT and MirrorLink? Anyone tried it? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
T Anyone using Sirius Travel Link weather with version 3.6.2? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 6
Z Anyone tried the SCOUT Navigation? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
R Has anyone figured out how to get messages??? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 4
I Anyone download Nav destination from Sync or run Vehicle Health Report since update? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 8
E Anyone having difficulty logging into SMR today? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
D Anyone have a problem with the "Repeat" and "Shuffle" buttons not turning off? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 13
H can anyone with nav check something for me? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
C Air Conditioning - anyone else see this? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 14
B Anyone seeing these two issues with the new version? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 4
N After upgrade to 2.11 did anyone loose there phone ringer ? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
T New to SYNC need help understanding how to display waze 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 8
C Waze is now released for Android Auto 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
J Google Maps or Waze Directions on bluetooth 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 11
D 2016 Ford Cellular Remote Start - app is clunky - but it works 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
G Ford remote access iPhone app - lock / unlock stopped working. 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 38
N FordPass Mobile App 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 31
peterk9 Life360 App Coming To Ford’s SYNC AppLink 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
N MyLincoln Mobile App 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
G Thank You Reboot App! 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
BobbyMarks 2013 USA Today mobile app is now compatible with Ford SYNC AppLink 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
A Ford Remote Access App? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 15
B Remote start smart phone app ? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 317
M Texting app 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
H MFT Guide App Update 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 18
W Couple of questions - iPhone App & Performance Update Number 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 13
F Sync Destinations and App link 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
J Sync Applink Gets New NPR App, Destinations Hands-On 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 13
Q Google App on iPhone 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3