Anyone using Autolite plugs and wires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone using Autolite plugs and wires

njkev7

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey City NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Heading to the the auto parts store this week to pick up Autolite plugs and wires. This is my first Ford and first American car so I'm use to NGK and DENSO. I was advised to get Motorcaft or Autolite so just checking before I spend $$$.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just put them on the 98 about 1000 miles ago, no problems. Ran them in my Rangers before with no problems either.

You'll find that by far the most common recommendation you'll get for Fords is OEM, i.e. Motorcraft plugs and wires. Autolite makes Motorcraft plugs so Autolite tend to be recommended for our applications too. Not sure about the wires. You can't go wrong with Autolite plugs. No comment on the wires only because I don't have a clue and Motorcraft wires are the best for my application (which includes headers). Motorcraft wires have built in heat shields for my application which is ideal for the headers. (I have a 5.0 V8 in mine).

i run autolite plugs and they suck,i will be going back to Motorcraft

I'm running NGK V-Groove copper plugs with zero problems. They are still fine after a heavy Seafoam dousing.:)

I run autolite double platinum plugs and autilite wires. no complaints here. I had bosch plugs in there before and they didnt last long. Took em out a week later.. just didnt run good for some reason.

Back