Anyone who updated to 3.0 downgrade to go back to the official 2.2 Sync3? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone who updated to 3.0 downgrade to go back to the official 2.2 Sync3?

Thomas Reminga

Reaction score
City, State
Port Washington, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Not sure if my heated seats issue- don’t seem to be getting very warm at all is related to the Sync3 system. I upgraded to 3.0 successfully which fixed my biggest issue which was live traffic overlays on the map- work perfectly now.

Thinking I might try to downgrade or apply the 2.2 upgrade. Anyone done this?

I have a ‘17 Sport, fully loaded without DVD Rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The issue with heated seats is not related to SYNC 3. You don't even need the SYNC 3 unit in the dash for the heated seats to function.

For downgrading. 2.2 can be installed over 3.0. From there you can upgrade to 2.3. I am currently running version 2.3 as it is the most stable and bug-free version. I have tried a couple builds of 3.0 and experienced some issues.

The issue with heated seats is not related to SYNC 3. You don't even need the SYNC 3 unit in the dash for the heated seats to function.

For downgrading. 2.2 can be installed over 3.0. From there you can upgrade to 2.3. I am currently running version 2.3 as it is the most stable and bug-free version. I have tried a couple builds of 3.0 and experienced some issues.

Where did you pull the 2.2 and 2.3 upgrades from?

Where did you pull the 2.2 and 2.3 upgrades from?
Have you checked your Sync account? When I checked mine it showed a V2.3 update was available. I don't know if you can over write the existing 3.0 version though.

Peter

You'll need to install 2.2 first as 2.3 added a version check that prevents downgrading. The 3.0 links online have been removed at the request of Ford's legal department. I have switched back and forth between v3 and v2 several times with no issues using this method. The official 2.3 version is what I recommend to use. There should be an update coming in March for compatibility with Waze over AppLink. I think this may be a newer 3.0 build.

2.2 Nav Version Mirror (has been removed from Ford's servers)
Dropbox - SYNC3 NAV V1 TO V22.zip

2.3 Nav for Model Year 2017

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/12080212233613831570/JL1T-14G381-AJ.zip

Is this correct on the 2.2 download, there are only 2 files- SyncMyRide and autoinstall.lst?

Is this correct on the 2.2 download, there are only 2 files- SyncMyRide and autoinstall.lst?
Never mind... I see it was a folder- Windows misformatted it for me when looking at the compressed file.

What issues did you have with v3.0?

I'm running it and all I have an issue with is the popup WiFi Update window.

No issues really, just want to get back to the factory releases since my reason to go to 3.0 was the nav traffic updates weren’t overlaying.

I haven’t been able to downgrade to 2.2, the USB I’m using doesn’t seem to load. When I look at other version I felt like there were 2 files and a folder with 5-6 files inside. The download posted here and verified elsewhere only shows 1 file and a folder of files. For some reason it just won’t run the upgrade/downgrade- even during my 45 minute commute the other day. Formatted at exFAT, 64GB stick.

Hi, Tom, old stuff dig out .. hope you have resolved your issue , if has could you share ? or I recently found a setting / testing model for Sync , mean you press the 'CD eject ' button and ' right seek' button together, it will get into this model , not sure if this can help any .

My issue was the usb stick... I bought a patriot 32GB, formatted as ext and copied over the data set and presto it worked. Only difference was which usb stick I used. I’ll look to see if I still have the 2.2 zip that worked.

Back