Anyone with Drilled Airbox/K&N setup? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with Drilled Airbox/K&N setup?

maxxus

Reaction score
anyone here have a drilled airbox/k&n combo......if so, was there a worthy power gain? any recomendations? thankx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's my story about it...

Dead Link Removed

For more pictures, click on my signature to go to my registry entry. Then click on the link to all of my pictures and search through my photopoint account for a few more.

I have had the drilled airbox for about a year, which yielded a slight improvement in MPG (about 1/2 MPG increase), somewhat noticeable increase in performance (acceleration), and a definite increase in engine noise at full throttle.

I added a K&N filter to the airbox last month, which, so far, has yielded another 1/2 MPG, but no noticeable performance increase or noise. But it has only been a month...we'll see how it compares in a few months.

Originally posted by maxxus
anyone here have a drilled airbox/k&n combo......if so, was there a worthy power gain? any recomendations? thankx

You will get better performance by dumping the airbox entirely and usine either a K&N or KKM filter kit.

Good luck...

Back