Anyone with Duff extended arms? Have a question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with Duff extended arms? Have a question.

Jessejp05

Reaction score
City, State
Plant city Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
So on my 93 I have Duff extended arms and their coil buckets. 4” lift spring and f150 coil seats. The front end is around 5” of lift on 33s. Rear is SOA.

My old lift was a rough country 4” lift.

The piece of paper that came with the arms states the heims need to be turned out 3 full turns, which I did.. but the wheels don’t look exactly centered in the wells. Also I now rub the plastic inner fenders. Not a lot but enough for me to start thinking.. Now I know I went up another inch or so.. but I never rubbed before. Even when flexed.

Now to my question, how far did you turn your joints out? How far can I go before I start interfering with other parts? Both arms are the same length, alignment is great and the wheelbase is 112 on the nose.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long are the studs on the end of the heim joints?
How are the beams looking at their pivot points?
can you push the tires forward more without causing any binding?

I added almost 1.5" of length to my extended radius arms, I have the skyjackers old style use bushings. I was not happy with how far back they pulled my beams/ tires so I extended them as far as I could and still be able to put a nut on the back. I would still push my tires forward another 1" or so if I could easily. There is plenty of room in the beams/axleshafts/pivots for this on my BII

I know the early duff arms would not work with lifts over 3" unless you flipped them side to side (drivers to passenger)

The studs have a ton of room to be adjusted. Just set them to what the instructions said. The beam pivots look centered. I would think I could go another inch on the arms but was unsure if it would cause issues.

These are new arms.

Thanks for the response

Push them out!! instructions are for baseline settings, every truck is going to be different...........
If you have enough thread to center the tires in the wheel well at ride height I would start there
Just keep eye on the clearances/angles at the axle shafts, beam pivots, coil springs don't hit their buckets, etc

Push them out!! instructions are for baseline settings, every truck is going to be different...........
If you have enough thread to center the tires in the wheel well at ride height I would start there
Just keep eye on the clearances/angles at the axle shafts, beam pivots, coil springs don't hit their buckets, etc
Lol thanks! That’s the plan. Just needed someone else’s opinion to help put my mind at ease.

Back