Anyone with IDS can enable remote start for me cheap? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with IDS can enable remote start for me cheap?

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Just curious if anyone in the DMV, preferably Maryland who has IDS and can enable remote start and DRLs for me for cheaper because I don't want to pay the dealer 150+ bucks just for a simple click of the laptop. I already have the hood switch kit but not the remote yet. Just checking if anyone could do me a solid and help me out.

Or does anyone know if Auto Parts stores would have that type of stuff to lend out?

Thank you.

Or will any of these IDS things do the job? (Figuring if I have no other route, I'd rather pay 150 for something I can use again for my other cars being that my family has several Fords):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141725612161?item=141725612161&viewitem=&vxp=mtr#rpdCntId

http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Diagn...sbs_263_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0V86SJ3YP9E3N0QN358C

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd try another dealer. A lot of good dealers will do this for you quick when doing an oil change for free.

I bought mine (less than 48 hours ago) about 2 hours away and now realize I'll have to go all the way bak there to get that done since it was not enabled (but it was promised). I'm in Maryland also, so if I find somewhere more local, I'm going to have the dealer work it out with the local shop or dealer.

I can't imagine why they don't just have this feature active standard if it's already built in?

I bought mine (less than 48 hours ago) about 2 hours away and now realize I'll have to go all the way bak there to get that done since it was not enabled (but it was promised). I'm in Maryland also, so if I find somewhere more local, I'm going to have the dealer work it out with the local shop or dealer.

I can't imagine why they don't just have this feature active standard if it's already built in?

I think it's because they need to program the keys and then enable it on the car via the IDS software that dealers use to do anything related to the car electronics wise.

that makes them lots of money.

So true!

I once worked for a very large chemical/cleaning product company that had a program where restaurants would lease dish machines that were exclusively rebuilt (no new machines). The machines were, quite literally, "fix or repair daily" within about a month or two after installation. The contract with the lease required a regular visit from the technician (I was that guy) who was on straight commission and a certain monthly purchase volume. They had a virtually limitless array of products and services available. The regular visit to bang on the dish machine resulted in incremental sales at an unbelievable level.

Scary.

Back