Anyone with the greater Phoenix AZ area that has a super scan tool, one equal to the Ford dealer's?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with the greater Phoenix AZ area that has a super scan tool, one equal to the Ford dealer's??

racprops

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT 4.6 4WD
Looking for anyone with the greater Phoenix AZ area that has a super scan tool, one equal to the Ford dealer's?? One that can program in the vin number etc.?

Of can tell of a good low cost DIY model??

And before you tell me it cannot be done watch this all the way:

Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking for anyone with the greater Phoenix AZ area that has a super scan tool, one equal to the Ford dealer's?? One that can program in the vin number etc.?

Of can tell of a good low cost DIY model??

And before you tell me it cannot be done watch this all the way:

Rich

forscan and elm adapter? or need more?

Try contacting Brian (FordTechMakuloco) ?

I know it is more difficult/risky with vehicles this old because you don't have as-built data to change VIN, have to rewrite a whole block or something... I forget the exact details.

forscan and elm adapter? or need more?

Yes please do, I am under the impression Forscan is very limited and not all that able to do stuff like this.

I would be very happy to be shown other wise.

Rich

There may be a build of Forscan now available, that can do it with an ELM327 scan dongle, but it may (or may not) need modified to work. I have not kept up on this, there's plenty to read on Forscan's forum.

On their forum the newer topics/replies are likely to have the most current info.

Another option is contact someone who does PCM flashing and see what they're comfortable doing, for pay of course. Tell them all your needs, like get rid of PATS, put in firmware for the tranny solenoid (that was you needing that, right?) and VIN. Example of someone to ask:

As per notes ON FORscan I bought this:

Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for FORScan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch​

As they said NOT to buy any ELM327 as currently they are crap.

And I downloaded the latest 2.3.4.8 version and one sure it can help me plan on even buying a license.

I have tried a number of times to join but to do so now requires one to buy a license... which I am not sure of it yet.

Are you a member??

If so can you ask if anyone has done any of our 02-05 Explorers?

Rich

And I downloaded the latest 2.3.4.8 version and one sure it can help me plan on even buying a license.

I have tried a number of times to join but to do so now requires one to buy a license... which I am not sure of it yet.

Are you a member??

Rich
there should be a 2 mo license free. the developers as of a few months ago couldnt issue the paid subscriptions due to the banking situation in russia

Removed as he was a lair...

Are you a member??

Rich
Join? I don't understand, see nothing about having to buy a license, just to fill in this page:

Forscan for windows does not require buying anything, last I checked. The two month extended license trial is free, just have to request it.

^ Yes you can buy a license, I did for running the Lite version on my phone, but you don't seem to need to buy anything to join their forum and post there, AFAICT.

Quote: I have tried a number of times to join but to do so now requires one to buy a license... which I am not sure of it yet.

Are you a member??

^ Yes you can buy a license, I did for running the Lite version on my phone, but you don't seem to need to buy anything to join their forum and post there, AFAICT.
oh yes iirc forum is free

OMG I was just torpedoed: OR more correctly gas lighted. I posted this a while ago.

"I found the answer: How to fix YOUR PCM to work correctly with the updated Solenoid Packs:

602-921-6729 ECU/ECM/PCM Testing, repairs, sales and programming

HE can rebuild the PCMs WITH the upgraded parts and Program to operate the newer Solenoid Packs.

Once done he gives a two year warrentee.

Cost is $250.00"

This BLANKY BLANK person just denied all he told me before.

I called to ask two questions: Turnaround time and was going to ask once he rebuilds my PCM will I have any problems driving my SUV with the modified PCM with the old Solenoid Pack until I can get the truck into the transmission shop.

Once I ID myself and got as far as asking about the Turnaround time he cut me off and said are there the triangle PCMs??

I said yes for a 03 Explorer and he that said “I do NOT repair them, they are junk and I will not even allow them into my shop!”

I said “But you told me you knew ALL about the Solenoid Pack problem and how Borsh had problem with them and how they and Ford obsoleted them.”

I have plugged your service all over the place feeling Explorer owners will need your service and getting you more work..

He again cut me off and said, “I do a lot ECMs and Talk with a lot of people and I never said any such thing, **** happens” and Hung up on me.

So tell everyone do NOT go to him for anything.

I clearly remember our conversation and him telling me that:

He knew ALL about the Solenoid Pack problems, that they run on PWM (Pulse Width Moderation) and how Ford and Borsh had many problems with them and the fix is simple, he just replaces the compliments with the newer parts (as used in the Explorers after Aug 03 to the 06 model) PCMs and a slight reprogramming and your all set.

He said that his father figured this all out 20 Years ago and taught him all he knows and they have been doing them for almost 20 years.

I am at a loss to explain his actions.

Sorry about what seems to be misinformation.

PS I find a lot of shops on the internet that DO work on how PCMs...he is a full time BSER.

I will report if i find a shop that will either reprogram the PCM of do the upgrades.

Rich

OMG I was just torpedoed: OR more correctly gas lighted. I posted this a while ago.

"I found the answer: How to fix YOUR PCM to work correctly with the updated Solenoid Packs:

602-921-6729 ECU/ECM/PCM Testing, repairs, sales and programming

HE can rebuild the PCMs WITH the upgraded parts and Program to operate the newer Solenoid Packs.

Once done he gives a two year warrentee.

Cost is $250.00"

This BLANKY BLANK person just denied all he told me before.

I called to ask two questions: Turnaround time and was going to ask once he rebuilds my PCM will I have any problems driving my SUV with the modified PCM with the old Solenoid Pack until I can get the truck into the transmission shop.

Once I ID myself and got as far as asking about the Turnaround time he cut me off and said are there the triangle PCMs??

I said yes for a 03 Explorer and he that said “I do NOT repair them, they are junk and I will not even allow them into my shop!”

I said “But you told me you knew ALL about the Solenoid Pack problem and how Borsh had problem with them and how they and Ford obsoleted them.”

I have plugged your service all over the place feeling Explorer owners will need your service and getting you more work..

He again cut me off and said, “I do a lot ECMs and Talk with a lot of people and I never said any such thing, **** happens” and Hung up on me.

So tell everyone do NOT go to him for anything.

I clearly remember our conversation and him telling me that:

He knew ALL about the Solenoid Pack problems, that they run on PWM (Pulse Width Moderation) and how Ford and Borsh had many problems with them and the fix is simple, he just replaces the compliments with the newer parts (as used in the Explorers after Aug 03 to the 06 model) PCMs and a slight reprogramming and your all set.

He said that his father figured this all out 20 Years ago and taught him all he knows and they have been doing them for almost 20 years.

I am at a loss to explain his actions.

Sorry about what seems to be misinformation.

PS I find a lot of shops on the internet that DO work on how PCMs...he is a full time BSER.

I will report if i find a shop that will either reprogram the PCM of do the upgrades.

Rich

I too am confused by ECU Repair Now owner Josh's very odd attitude.
Spoke with him to drop my ECU off. He won't give full address, works out of house and will only meet people at the entrance gate to development. Asked if he could provide a receipt when dropping off. Every shop I've ever been to does this. He told me he could write something up. I said perfect as these are expensive parts. He then stated he has tons of expensive parts and promptly hung up and refused all further calls. Then texts me that he is not interested in helping me now. That was the entire conversation. Have no idea what the issue was but I do see a long list of 1* reviews mentioning his bad attitude. Went elsewhere and found a reputable shop to work with. Don't take your chances. Look somewhere else.

Next time I’m bored, I’ll call and troll him and waste a bunch of his time.

Well I will be damned what a POS....well onward....

Anyone know HOW (Step by Step) to delete the key codes and then pair it to the trucks keys using a ForScan, I have the program and the connector but need so code to get a license and the dummy's do not tell you how to get the code.

Oh I need to know where to get that code.

Rich

Thanks, the learning curve is fun...

I hooked my laptop to my 03 Explorer with Rodscan running and it just sits there, I cannot get it to read anything...

Rich

Too little info. Does laptop have dongle driver? Does dongle work with the bundled app instead of Forscan?

If it is a generic adapter, I would not necessarily recommend installing the software that comes with it. I recall some dongles come with a little white CD with a blue bear on it (or something) and some of the software on this is garbage and maybe malware.

Have you tried waiting till vehicle is connected to launch Forscan? Is key in accessory or run position? I'd ask in Forscan's forum since this seems more Forscan specific than Explorer specific.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

can i get a screenshot of it to see what youre clicking and what youre looking at?

Back