• Register Today It's free!

Apple car play glitch......

Dfred

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
not sure if it's apple or sync 3.... Put if I'm using car play, park and leave the phone plugged in.... Return to the car and start it. More times than not car play does not car play does not work unless I unplug the phone and plug it back in...... Anyone else have this problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have never left my phone in car if i need to turn the car off and leave. I tinkered with an android this week and aside from hating it, Android auto is a horrible alternative to car play.
The one thing that annoys me is when using Waze, as soon as i happen to steer off course or an alert is spoken, the radio stops, goes to an audio menu and i have reactivate the radio, etc.

I have never left my phone in car if i need to turn the car off and leave. I tinkered with an android this week and aside from hating it, Android auto is a horrible alternative to car play.
The one thing that annoys me is when using Waze, as soon as i happen to steer off course or an alert is spoken, the radio stops, goes to an audio menu and i have reactivate the radio, etc.

Sync 3 and apple car play is new to ford so some bugs should be expected..... But there is quite a few...... An update should have come by now, but of course apple and ford will blame each other.....

I've noticed the same issues with the audio reverting to Bluetooth audio when using AA. Sync3 and AA don't play nicely with the audio source settings. Definitely room for improvement in a future software release.

Sync 3 and apple car play is new to ford so some bugs should be expected..... But there is quite a few...... An update should have come by now, but of course apple and ford will blame each other.....
Wasn't QNX involved with Sync 3? QNX is headquartered here in Ottawa and early in the year Apple opened offices across the street from them.;)

Peter

Wasn't QNX involved with Sync 3? QNX is headquartered here in Ottawa and early in the year Apple opened offices across the street from them.;)

Peter

Well go knock on there door and tell them to get to working on an update........

why update.....once ios 10 comes out it'll just be a whole new set of problems for the Sync 3- ACP.

my solution is..... car lighter USB plug in, iphone charges, no ACP

You can also disable CarPlay entirely from the Sync 3 screen. That's what I do, relying on AppLink, Siri Eyes Free, and general Sync commands. ACP is useless for my purposes.

I haven't had issues overall, except when I use long runs of USB cable. They tend to get flaky depending on the ambient heat and humidity. Sometimes the phone isn't found.

Hey guys. I have an interesting issue. Through car play I press Apple Music and am able to scroll through songs. But I can't press a song. I can only press a song via an album or via phone which defeats the purpose. Anyone else see any other bugs?

It does have some bugs as well as sync 3....... I wish Ford would get off their butt and release an update........

If there are bugs in CarPlay, they may be on Apple's side as well.

Back