Apple CarPlay Preferences Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Apple CarPlay Preferences Question

Wgriff05

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I just purchased my 2020 Explorer ST back in March and not thrilled with the Apple CarPlay in my ST.

Here is my question, is there a way to have an app use the entire screen instead just a 3rd of it? I would like the ability to turn off the Apple CarPlay Preferences and the current playing song tiles. Is this even possible in Sync 3.4 or do I just need to wait until Sync 4 is released?

Attachments

• 8D3266B6-CC97-47EF-893D-4BFA837321EC.jpeg
    8D3266B6-CC97-47EF-893D-4BFA837321EC.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 116

No way to do it. Ford must implement it. I wouldn't hold your breath for new functionality when it comes to our Sync 3.4. Expect bug fixes. As for Sync 4, it is likely we won't be able to upgrade to it and there is no telling if Carplay will be able to be displayed on the majority of the portrait orientation screen. Bottom line: get used to it and just hope that the other glitches get fixed. I will say though that some glitches don't have to do with Sync, but apps on iOS are messing things up, ie. Waze.

Welcome to the Forum Wgriff05. :wave:
I think the above member has pretty well answered your question..There have been posts here stating that you won't be able to update to Sync 4.
Now members have been upgrading from MFT to Sync 3 by replacing the system so who knows for sure if it is possible. But a software upgrade is likely a no can do.

Peter

Back